Here's where I am now.

Started by GPster, August 06, 2009, 08:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Well, I'm away again. Saturday I celebrated my birthday by pulling all the carpet off the floors upstairs. Sunday I had some help and moved all the downstairs furniture into our bedroom and the kitchen and pulled the carpet off of those floors. While planning to seal all the subfloors in preparation for the installation of 96 yards of new carpet on Wednesday I got a phone call. My cousin that has done a very good job of keeping it from the family, died of asbestosis.So I am now in New Jersey to gather with my family in a memorial service. I will be able to at least check in and see what's going on so please keep the subject matter from being boring. GPster

enjenjo

Sorry to hear about your cousin. The floor will be waiting when you get back.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Also sorry to hear about your cousin.  How old was he?  Did he work with asbestos?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

GPster

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Also sorry to hear about your cousin.  How old was he?  Did he work with asbestos?
Unfortunately I didn't know him that well. He was just a toddler when I left home to go to college. His mother was my favorite aunt and she died last year and his father died a couple of years ago. I think the story is that he worked in a warehouse (for Kraft Foods) thta was isulated with it. There is a class action suite over it but of course he won't realize from it, I hope his widow does GPster

GPster

Well I'm back home now. Refining my data, my cousin was 53. It was a memorial service that was catered at his and his wife's house and he was there in everybody's heart. I guess that after spending the last 5 years along with his sister dealing with their father's and then mother's deaths and the cleaning up estates he didn't want many people to know of his problem. Well the carpet is down in our house and as soon as I get the furniture back in place and all of the "Nic Nacks" sorted I'll be ready for another "Build Day". I still haven't delt with the rear end noise in my Ranger but 3 tries hasn't turned up a rear end for it yet. Because the '89s and '90s 4:10 gears are so mysteriously marked maybe if it's already pulled from the chassis yards may not know if they have one. Of course the days of keeping old stuff has changed but soon my '89 Ranger will be an NSRA candidate. GPster