GG Spokane Meet & Greet and Roll Call

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, July 31, 2009, 10:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

For the first time Big Olds will be attending the GG Spokane, WA event next month and I'd like to make sure I get to meet as many RRT folks as possible that weekend.  Not sure how many Pacific Northwest memebers we have here but it's worth a shot.

How about a Meet & Greet at 1pm in front of building "AG A" on Saturday . There seems to be some shade trees just to the right of the front doors. I will try to park Big Olds in this area as well. Being I've never been there it's kinda hard to say for sure about anything EXCEPT I will be standing, in a HAMB shirt, in front of building A, to the right alittle on Saturday Aug 15th at 1pm.

I will also be at the kick off party on Thursday at the Hot Rod Cafe, and cruzn around the fairgrounds and surrounding areas on Friday, including the host hotel kick off party Friday night. If you see Big Olds PLEASE stop me and introduce yourselves and say hi. I'm really excited to have the opportunity to meet so many of my online pals from this area.

OK, so who's attending the event and what are you bringing? Please add a photo so I can know what to look for.

See the pink arrow for the meet & greet site

This is what I'll be driving
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

sirstude

Denise,  How early are you getting there on Thursday?  There is usually a garage tour scheduled for that morning/early afternoon before the party at the Hot Rod Cafe.  Looks like I won't be at Bonneville this year after all, work issues again this year, but I will see you at Spokane.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'm actually arriving in town on Wed evening.  I'm staying at Chris's place.  He does have to work Thursday and Friday but he told me about the shop/garage tour and was going to get me the info so I could join the guys.  Will you be on it?

Gonna miss you at B'ville but Spokane is a good alternative.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Doug, here the link to the little BBQ gig on Wed night that Chris is throwing.  Let him know if you can make it and he'll give you his address.  He's right in town.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4177488&posted=1#post4177488

sirstude

Yes I will be doing the garage tour, we will get there on Wednesday, and staying at the Mirabeau.  I saw Chris's invite, and I will have to check to see who is going with me.  If only a couple I will try to impose for them, otherwise I will see.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

HotRodLadyCrusr

Where is the garage tour starting from and do you have the address and time?

sirstude

Starts from the fairgrounds late morning after they open the gates for registration.  You pick up a route there.  Ends up at the Hot Rod Cafe for the party.I travel with some early risers, so we are usually waiting for the gate to open at 10:00  Seems like there are the same 15 or 20 cars there every year waiting, othere are there, but you get to know some of the regulars.  You can go any time, all day, the kick off party officially starts at 4:00.  There will be cars there at 1:00 though, might even be me if we finish up early.  They don't announce the stops until you pick up the schedule.  Be nice if someone out there knows.  You might ask on the HAMB also if someone has heard where the stop will be this year.  You don't want to get to the shops too late, though, because the cookies will be gone.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

HotRodLadyCrusr

Perfect info, that's exactly what I was looking for.  I plan to get my oil changed in Big Olds early that morning, head over to pick up TinBender then be at the fairgrounds at 10am.

Have you ever heard of Antique Auto Ranch?  I heard it's a must see while I'm in town so I guess if this little garage tour doesn't go there I'll stop on my way to the Hot Rod Cafe.

It will be real nice seeing you again.

sirstude

I have never heard of the Ranch, if you find out where it is, please let me know, and I might tag along.

Doug

ps, I am putting a new clutch in the Impala this weekend, the thought bearing started howling in Puyallup and I have had some chatter for the last few years, too many SLOW parades.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

OldSub

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Not sure how many Pacific Northwest members we have here but it's worth a shot.
Lots of HAMBers in Washington, but not many RRT members.

Until I read this I was going to skip Spokane this year.  I'll try to adjust plans, Spokane is only six hours away...  

I'll either be driving either a Corvette or if my wife comes maybe a VW Jetta, so I won't be parked inside.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "OldSub"
Lots of HAMBers in Washington, but not many RRT members.
I kinda figured that hence the reasson I planned the RRT Meet & Greet the same time as the Candian Rodder one so that perhaps members from these two smaller groups can meet if in fact they don't know each other.

Until I read this I was going to skip Spokane this year.  I'll try to adjust plans, Spokane is only six hours away...  
I'm very excited about this.  I've got a room at the host hotel that I won't be using and will cancel early this week unless perhaps you might need/wanbt it.  Let me know

I'll either be driving either a Corvette or if my wife comes maybe a VW Jetta, so I won't be parked inside.
I vote for the Corvette! :wink:

OldSub

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I've got a room at the host hotel that I won't be using and will cancel early this week unless perhaps you might need/want it.  Let me know
Thank you Denise, but please don't hold the room for me.  IF I can make this work at all, I'll drive over Saturday morning and then spend the evening driving into Idaho where I have family I need to see.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

57larry