Home again

Started by enjenjo, July 28, 2009, 09:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I am back home from my "vacation". Flew out to Vegas on the 4th, bowled in the USBC National Open tournament on the 5th and 6th. Spent the next few days becoming aquainted with my new grand daugher, and reaquainted with my grandson, who had been here the week before. Then we rented a car, and spent the next week touring south Utah, and North Arizona. Bryce Canyon, Red Canyon, Zion National park,  both the north and south rim of the Grand Canyon, then to Phoenix to pick up my ride home, an 83 Ford dually. Then back to Vegas to rig up a tow bar to tow home the Rambler I had been keeping out there.

Friday we left Vegas, spent that night in Showlow with Centerline and his wife, saturday we headed east from there, stayed in Amarillo, Sorry Vance, couldn't find your number until I got home today. Sunday we drove to Neosho Mo, stayed with WZJunk, spent monday morning fixing an exhaust leak on the truck. Monday afternoon we headed east again, stayed in Altamont Il. This morning we left there, and made it home by 530.

The WE I keep referring to was me, and my grand daughter Shelby, a great traveling companion. We were both glad to be home again.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Sounds like a reasonable good time...

Shelby should be getting near the age of driving?  legally

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"Sounds like a reasonable good time...

Shelby should be getting near the age of driving?  legally

8)

She is going to get her temps in the next couple weeks. I told her the Rambler can be her first car, she rolls her eyes, and says no, but her dad told her beggars can't be choosers.

2200 miles on a tow bar ate up a brand new pair of front tires. Both shoulders are down to the wear bars.

Charlie Chops 1940

I kinda wondered if Shelby was your navigator again. Good for her! My eldest GD is 8 so maybe in a few years she'll be interested in a road trip.

Anyway, welcome back. I'm leaving for Bonneville tomorrow, for a 3 week trip.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Centerline

Frank, glad you made it home OK.  It was great to see "UG" again.... boy has she grown up.  I think she was about 6 or7 the last time I saw her.  A really good kid who has her head on straight.  Nice to see someone young like that.

Looking forward to seeing you at the last NSRA Nationals.  You know where we'll be.... on the grassy knoll just inside the gate.

papastoyss

Quote from: "Centerline"Frank, glad you made it home OK.  It was great to see "UG" again.... boy has she grown up.  I think she was about 6 or7 the last time I saw her.  A really good kid who has her head on straight.  Nice to see someone young like that.

Looking forward to seeing you at the last  REAL NSRA Nationals.  You know where we'll be.... on the grassy knoll just inside the gate.
We will be there Thur. -Sat. We drive a 47 Ford coupe , blue over vanilla. We are usually found around the corner to the right from entrance behind Memphis Street Rods tent. We look forward to meeting some of our internet buddies. David & Sue Midgett
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

EMSjunkie

Sorry I missed you this trip Frank, maybe next time.  8)
got a new Grandson up in Toledo now, may just hafta plan a trip up your way :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Sorry I missed you this trip Frank, maybe next time.  8)
got a new Grandson up in Toledo now, may just hafta plan a trip up your way :D

Vance

Me too, I was looking forward to BBQ again.  :lol: Didn't even have time for that. We got into town at 11 PM, and were gone again by 9 AM.