Jeepster

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, June 23, 2009, 10:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

this show'd up at work this afternoon..  I know nothing about it yet.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Danimal

Well? Any info? She's got a purty mouth!

Crosley.In.AZ

rust in floor , rockers ...  

looks like Buick V-6 engine conversion to the old t-400 trans with round bell bolt pattern.

We have the trans & the t-case out and apart
Tony

58 Yeoman

Tony...you call that rust? :lol:   In the midwest, that's showroom condition.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Danimal

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Tony...you call that rust? :lol:   In the midwest, that's showroom condition.

Oh my, better scrap it out!! Around here there AREN'T floors or rockers. Most of us didn't know they were factory options. Especially if it is on a Jeep.

Crosley.In.AZ

From the top side the floor has been replaced... on the bottom side the fragments still hang loose.

In the photo you can see the rocker with rust color...  I would hate to poke at the rocker with something.  :shock:

I could comment on  more items like spring perch mounts that have been re-welded / repaired... um ,  with  bird poop welds comes to mind.  AND why weld them back into the correct location?  :lol:   add on some random metal for braces , spread bird poop and yer done
Tony

Danimal

Bubble gum was what held a gasser front on our 48 Sedan Deliver. We hit it with a hammer and bang, it all fell to the ground. Hard to believe that we pulled it up onto the trailer that way!