Bi-focal safety glasses

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, June 15, 2009, 12:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I may have mentioned this before;

I purchase  bi-focal safety glasses online at Safetyglassesusa.com

They have this new bi-focal design with the magnification area at the bottom as usual... then there is a matching lens at the top of the lens too.  The glasses  look goofy at first with dual bi-focal areas.

I used these glasses today under the dash of my Falcon.  The upper magnification area on the lens worked great.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Beck

If you can afford a pair of these glasses for just such occasions as Crosley just described they are great. I tried a pair of these for daily wear. I hated them for that. I don't know if I walk around with my head hanging down or what, but I was always looking through the upper bifocal when I didn't' want to be.
I get a pair of glasses a year from my employer. Normally by the end of a year the lenses are pretty well scratched and pitted. The pair I got with the upper bifocal looks good after many years. I just didn't wear them.
These are mildly popular with electricians. A lot of their work is overhead so the upper bifocal helps.

39deluxe

I also get a pair a year paid for by my employer. I can see where these would be great for under the dash or in tight areas but for most of my work they would be a hassle.

Crosley.In.AZ

My company does not buy my bi-focal safety glasses.  I wear out  2 pair a year at work,  I have a few pair floating around the home shop.

the dual bi-focal lens glasses i bought for home.  I have no problems with them so far.  They also work well when I am under a car on the hoist when I am looking up into a tight spot
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Mac

This is great news. I wouldn't have to turn my regular bifocals upside down on my face anymore. :shock:
Who\'s yer Data?