Frame

Started by bigfeet16, August 15, 2004, 07:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfeet16

I am going to put a late frame under mt 46 Ford conv't .Any ideas?

enjenjo

Quote from: "bigfeet16"I am going to put a late frame under mt 46 Ford conv't .Any ideas?

only one, don't
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "bigfeet16"I am going to put a late frame under mt 46 Ford conv't .Any ideas?

only one, don't

I'll SECOND what Enjenjo said..............
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

tomslik

Quote from: "SKR8PN"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

only one, don't

I'll SECOND what Enjenjo said..............

i s'pose a 41-48 'vert frame would be out of the question....

only reason (to sawp a frame)i can think of is that you don't have an original frame.
now, of course if the frame is gone AND there's no floor left....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Bib_Overalls

If you think a late frame is a cheap way to go you are mistaken.  Just about everything will have to be cut, bent, or hammered.  When you are done, if you get done,  you are going to have a butcherd car.  It will not be worth much.  These guys http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/                                                                   have everything you need to update your chassis to modern specs.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Dirk35

I put a late model frame under my 49 F1 Pickup. Like the others said, if your frame is good, then dont. Its a real rain in the rear for the result!