How about a "Build Day"?

Started by GPster, May 14, 2009, 08:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

I started a new post mainly because with five pages of comments on the other Forum no one would notice this there. Checking my schedual I could be there to work on May 30. I have to be in Columbus June 1 to catch an early flight out on the 2nd for Denver. After 10 days there I'll probably spend the rest of June catching up at home. I'm ready to get back to building before I forget what we're working on. If this appears on general topics please move it to the top of the page. GPster

enjenjo

Well, I can do it that day.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

39deluxe

Was today a build day? I seem to remember someone saying May16 but can't find it now. I didn't get home from work this morning til 9am. After 18 hours I just went to bed.

Anyway, I have a brake pedal we may be able to use. I'll get a few pictures and dimensions. It's new, fairly short, and has a pin pivot so it should be adaptable to most anything. Just ignore the "Air Brake" on the pedal pad.

Tom

enjenjo

Quote from: "39deluxe"Was today a build day? I seem to remember someone saying May16 but can't find it now. I didn't get home from work this morning til 9am. After 18 hours I just went to bed.

Anyway, I have a brake pedal we may be able to use. I'll get a few pictures and dimensions. It's new, fairly short, and has a pin pivot so it should be adaptable to most anything. Just ignore the "Air Brake" on the pedal pad.

Tom

It was canceled for today. now we are trying for the 30th.

enjenjo

No one else available for this?

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"No one else available for this?
30th is good for me or most any other day is ok too.  

I've been gone for a month and haven't had internet access so I haven't been following this.
George

phat46

30th doesn't work for me. I am committed to go to the Midland Mi. Swap

enjenjo

well, if we can get George and Joe, and possibly Tom, that would be enough to get something done. I say go for it.

enjenjo

Well, the weather should be great for building saturday, sunny and 75. See you then.

purplepickup

I'll try to be there around 10AM.  See ya then.
George

39deluxe

Well I just got called and told to stay home from work today so it looks like I will be working on Saturday. I have been getting at least 4 days work and my week is Tues-Saturday.

Tom

enjenjo

Quote from: "39deluxe"Well I just got called and told to stay home from work today so it looks like I will be working on Saturday. I have been getting at least 4 days work and my week is Tues-Saturday.

Tom

Ya gotta do what you gotta do. We'll miss you.

enjenjo

Well we had a good day. We had GPster, Purple Pickup, Fatcat and I. We finished welding the chop on the right door, welded in the patch panel, and finish welded the door frame. Then we finished welding the chop on the left door, fabricated and installed a patch panel on it, then started the door frame for that side. The right patch came out great, I warped the left one a bit, but it will straighten.

Tomorrow I will finish up the left door frame, so we can begin the body mockup.

We then took the time to lay out the rear suspension full size, Fatcat is drawing that in autocad and we'll post it. The coilovers Leon sent are going to work great.

GPster picked up a nice set of Wilwood brake and clutch pedals, with 3 Howe master cylinders, so that is taken care of.

I am including a picture of the seat we picked up last weekend, it's a double wrap Kirkey, light, and should work fine for us

Crosley.In.AZ

Frank,

sounds good...  i look forward to see the suspension ideas design.

thanks for the effort guys
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)