cam lube

Started by enjenjo, May 08, 2015, 11:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Boy, have times changed. I assembled a flat tappet 351W this week. I needed some Moly cam assembly lube, and no one in town had any in stock. I ended up ordering it from Summit. Now granted this is the first flat tappet engine I have done in a while, but I really didn't think it would be that hard to find.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Ive heard that GM engine oil supplement is a good product to assist In cam break in as well . Supposedly has a bunch of zinc in it .

Crosley.In.AZ

as I recall the GM  EOS stuff was about phased out some yrs ago (20+)   and then it came back.  Higher price too.  LOL

I use a product ZDDPlus I buy off eBay.  I add it some of my older engines with regular dyno oil.

The moly paste stuff for camshafts ,  I order it from SUmmit too. Keep it on hand.  I had a tube so long it dried out some what. LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

I too have a monster tube of it that I keep "in stock" . I use it for a lot of things that I assemble to avoid a dry "Start-Up" ..  8)

I am still using the "Economy sized" tube of distributor point Lube that I bought in 1968 or so... :oops:

Funny how time goes by ..... :roll:

Bob .....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****