wheel spacers

Started by tomslik, May 11, 2009, 05:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

i'm needing a pair of 1/4" or 5/16" QUALITY wheel spacers, who makes 'em?

4 1/2-4 3/4 bolt circle if it matters..
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Charlie Chops 1940

Most of the ones I see are slotted which makes them difficult to get centered unless you can adjust them through the wheel. I have taken studs out of the old cast type and milled them down. I have also made them from scratch with 1/4" aluminum plate, a hole saw, the band saw and a hole template...close enough.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

wayne petty

http://www.whtknight.com/cgi-bin/prodtype.cfm?subcat=41

they sell mostly through tire dealers....  i have gotten stuff from them through a friends tire shop before...

Mikej

Speedway Motors have them.

Topsterguy

In regards to centering the spacers, I took mine and put several dabs of silicone on the back of them, then centered them on the brake drum, then let it dry a bit and put the wheel on. Worked fine as far as I know!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

I like the hubcentric spacers. I have made them in the past, or bought them at times. I have 4" hubcentric spacers on the back of my van with dual tires, and they have been no problem in 10 years of use.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.