2 barrel Carb adapter

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, May 08, 2009, 11:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

i am whittling on my carb adapter for the Ford 6...  This new adapter has a milled opened log head under it for  more air flow.

The top of the log head is not wide enough for the full width of the round hole under the carb, so I made the hole longer for the air to get into the engine.  Not the best ideal program to use, but heck it is only an inline  6 cylinder

I have one bolt in the way , nothing I could really  do about it,

I am blending it the best I can.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

what did the end openings look like????/

i thought that if there are opening on both ends of the log...   that you could fab up an upper log tubular manifold...   with a feed in the middle and a loop in to each end....

it all depends if both ends of the intake log have a core plug in it...

if only one end is machined for it...  well....

just an idea...

Crosley.In.AZ

there are core plugs in each end,  about 1 inch in diameter.  The log intake manifold section narrows down towards the ends.

I doubt the fuel charge mixture would like to run to the end  of the manifold and make a sharp 180 degree turn  and keep the  air- fuel mixture mixed
Tony

enjenjo

That looks like it should work ok. You might want to fill the upper part with some JB weld to smooth it out.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"That looks like it should work ok. You might want to fill the upper part with some JB weld to smooth it out.

I am thinking an aluminum plug in the area above the allen bolt.... Drill down on the out side and thread in a set screw.  That way I can blend in the whole section there while the set screw hold the piece in place for blending - cutting.

the set screw and carb gasket would keep the piece in place.
Tony

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"That looks like it should work ok. You might want to fill the upper part with some JB weld to smooth it out.

I am thinking an aluminum plug in the area above the allen bolt.... Drill down on the out side and thread in a set screw.  That way I can blend in the whole section there while the set screw hold the piece in place for blending - cutting.

the set screw and carb gasket would keep the piece in place.

...and some loctite :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list