shipment of parts to Australia

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, May 05, 2009, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

About 20 pound box... box would be 43 inches by 14.5  inches by 3 inches thick.

Would a person use US Postal service or the Fed-X  /  UPS  guys  from Arizona to New South Wales ?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

I would bet on USPS being much less than either UPS or FedX.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

USPS is about 1/3 the cost of the other two, and much less hassle on the other end with customs.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

C9

USPS is a far better deal.
Check UPS International rates on the Internet.
Ouch.

Shipped as many a five wheelcovers in one package USPS to Oz and four 48 Ford sized hubcaps to France USPS with no probs.

Kinda gave up on UPS when they started making it difficult for small-time shippers by limiting their hours.

No probs with USPS.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Crosley.In.AZ

At this time the  parts will ship to a mate of the Aussie fellow that is in the USA..

A "quick quote on line" with USPS was at 123.00 dollars for a 20 pound package.  That seemed high to me , although I have never shipped to Australia.
Tony

phat rat

Quote from: "Crosley"At this time the  parts will ship to a mate of the Aussie fellow that is in the USA..

A "quick quote on line" with USPS was at 123.00 dollars for a 20 pound package.  That seemed high to me , although I have never shipped to Australia.

You think that's high? I had a guy from Sweden that was interested in a set of 36 rear bones I have. I went to the post office and the max length for mail to Sweden was 60" the bones are 75" so off to UPS for a price. When they told me the price my jaw dropped, $345 this was for a package that weighs 36.48 lbs. Needless to say he lost interest at that price. In case you wondering why I took them in rather than looking on line.  The prices don't always match and going over there could be a huge difference in price if I missed some little detail.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"At this time the  parts will ship to a mate of the Aussie fellow that is in the USA..

On my UPS account it came up at $257.90. And that is without the custom brokerage fee, usually $30. USPS doesn't go through a custom broker.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mikej

Just wondering what the cost would be for the same package from Maine to Southern, CA. I would think the distance would be about the same as the US to Europe.

bucketmouth

Don't send it UPs it's too bloody expensive.
UPS quoted $290 (that's more than I paid for the column) and USPS $90 to send a IDIDIT steering column to me in Western Australia.
Had an issue with FedEx once but it might be worthwhile getting a quote from them.
Everything I've ever bought has gone through customs and attracted some sort of fees here. It's not always a cheap exercise so it pays to do your home work.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Crosley.In.AZ

the situation is solved.....  I am shipping to a address in the USA
Tony