Load the vehicle on to trailer the easy way

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, May 02, 2009, 10:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Rock crawler- racer Shannon Campbell is well known in the rock crawling world.  We build his transmissions.

he picked up a customer's car thursday and he has a real nice trailer ...... with no loading  ramps though.

the rock crawler has a LS series Chev motor - t-350 trans, Atlas transfer case, unique differential center sections front and back
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

NEAT ....He learned that fender thing from a Chicago taxi-driver .... :lol:

Why the strange angle on the axle case cover :?:  In the photo the pinon appears to be fairly level.... :?

Bob............... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

high pinion front end..

if you look close... there is a thick curved section under the middle of the front diff area.. the rotation of the cover area prevents edges where you can get stuck on rocks...

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: wayne pettyhigh pinion front end..

Yep... :roll:   I see it now......DUH ?  :oops:  

Thanks Wayne ......

Bob.... :wink:

wayne petty

i have always wanted to build a high driveshaft adaptor..

think of a bolt on pinion support...  like a 9 inch ford... bolt on a vertical case..   a sprocket on the yoke.  a gilmer belt of transfer case chain with a hub and bearing assy bolted to the top of this device with another sprocket on that...  so the driveshaft could be a foot above the centerline of the pinion.. dry with a belt drive would be best...  this could be used front or rear...    there are other rear ends with bolt in pinion supports...

one could even machine a yoke that has supporting bearings to support the case... with braces to keep the thing from spinning...    super long splines on the driveshaft would be needed....

with the ability to cnc almost anything out of a block of aluminum.. i would want a complete 9 inch case with the built in housing on it...  much stronger...

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "wayne petty"i have always wanted to build a high driveshaft adaptor..

think of a bolt on pinion support...  like a 9 inch ford... bolt on a vertical case..   a sprocket on the yoke.  a gilmer belt of transfer case chain with a hub and bearing assy bolted to the top of this device with another sprocket on that...  so the driveshaft could be a foot above the centerline of the pinion.. dry with a belt drive would be best...  this could be used front or rear...    there are other rear ends with bolt in pinion supports...

one could even machine a yoke that has supporting bearings to support the case... with braces to keep the thing from spinning...    super long splines on the driveshaft would be needed....

with the ability to cnc almost anything out of a block of aluminum.. i would want a complete 9 inch case with the built in housing on it...  much stronger...

Kind of like this ...Only shorter & LOTS stronger.......

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Steer-Clear-Box,6254.html

Bob............ :wink:

wayne petty

yep.....

thats it....  beaten again....