T-400 Front Seals

Started by C9, June 01, 2009, 08:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C9

Are the front seals the same parts number in all of the T-400's?

Not sure what year I have.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "C9"Are the front seals the same parts number in all of the T-400's?

Not sure what year I have.

I use the same seal in all t-400 transmitins I build.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

C9

That helps.

I have a T-400, a core I bought for rebuild.

Have the remainder of the driveline too, flexplate, 2200 rpm stall converter (32 has a 2400 and it works ok, but a little lower on the rpm scale won't hurt.

I got to thinking about my pal and his constant use of donor car engines with maybe a valve job, most times not.
He fires the engine (SBCs) and if it runs good and has good compression he'll install a moderate cam, aluminum intake and Edelbrock 600 cfm.
Works for him.

Anyhoo, got to looking at my junkyard 455 Buick engine and remembered that it was way in the back of a big building, hadn't been rained on or stripped and when one head was pulled, virtually no ridge.
I'm guessing it came from a low mileage car and had been sitting for quite a while.

It's a 1975 engine with the marvelous 7.9/1 CR heads, but I'm gonna fire it up and see what's what before I start tossing rebuild parts at it - most of which I already have.

Gonna try the same thing with the trans.
I found out the local junkyard where I bought it picked it out of the "good" trans storage area.

Worth a try anyway, I've always done the bore and build em, but if this engine runs good I'll scrape up another one for the high compression, big cam rebuild.

Was curious about the front seal, seems like a good idea to put one in while it's EZ to get to.

Got to looking the car over - the 31 on 32 rails roadster project and realized that it's fairly close to being a runner.

Many thanks.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.