flat head six in a .....

Started by wayne petty, April 06, 2009, 05:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

was junk yarding this morning...   ran across this jem.... in the junk yard...

a very late 50's or early 60's rambler... i had no idea they came with flat heads sixes...

sorry for the crumby photo...   call phone cam in bright sun.. i misadjusted the exposure... trying to get it right...

phat46

Quote from: "wayne petty"was junk yarding this morning...   ran across this jem.... in the junk yard...

a very late 50's or early 60's rambler... i had no idea they came with flat heads sixes...

sorry for the crumby photo...   call phone cam in bright sun.. i misadjusted the exposure... trying to get it right...

We had a '62 Rambler for a second car when i was a kid. It had a flathead six in it. My sister got hit by a small dumptruck in it!!!  :shock:

enjenjo

AMC kept the flathead until 64 in the American.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

seems a few people know about these...

are they the same motor as the continental six???  used in so many fork lifts... and related to the jeep six???

i just don't have a clue on these...

enjenjo

Quote from: "wayne petty"seems a few people know about these...

are they the same motor as the continental six???  used in so many fork lifts... and related to the jeep six???

i just don't have a clue on these...

Nope, AMC all the way Started out as a Nash engine in the 40s. 196 CI Closely related to the OHV 196 engine Nash used in the 50s
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.