flathead spark plugs

Started by tom36, June 29, 2004, 06:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom36

Anyone have a favorite brand and heat range plug for a 49-53 Mercury flathead?  Thanks, Tom..

av8

Quote from: "tom36"Anyone have a favorite brand and heat range plug for a 49-53 Mercury flathead?  Thanks, Tom..

Have you tried fordbarn.com, Tom? There is a very good group of flathead-smart folks there. Go there, search for SPARK PLUGS, and you'll see some excellent spark plug info from recent discussions.

I'm running H-10s in my '48 F-1 (8BA), gapped at 0.055 in. (has an HEI conversion), but I'm going to experiment with some later technology than those old lawn-mower plugs provide.

tom36

Thanks Mike,   I tried the Fordbarn but for some reason their security won't let me do a search.  I to was wondering if their wasn't something besides those "lawnmower" plugs that might be a little better.  :lol:  Tom..

av8

Quote from: "tom36"Thanks Mike,   I tried the Fordbarn but for some reason their security won't let me do a search.  I to was wondering if their wasn't something besides those "lawnmower" plugs that might be a little better.  :lol:  Tom..

Are you registered on fordbarn, Tom? That may be the problem.  If you still can't get in I'll pull some numbers for you. Still, it would be best to read the threads in their entirety because there are some cautions about plug reach with certain heads an camshaft lift.

Mike