2005 Dodge Magnum , truck air bags

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, June 26, 2004, 12:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

A rambling ;

Most folks on this bbs know I like a wide variety of cars of all years.

The new 2005 Dodge Magnum wagon thing looks some what goofy in photos and on TV comercials that I have seen.  We looked at one in the parking lot of a local Lowes store in Gilbert. No car-sales people around to drive a guy crazy

I must say the Dodge  looks better in person than in a photos... IMHO

One problem I see is the comments from Janice..... :shock:  " some different wheels , a little pin stripe here and there & it would be a really nice driver". A rear wheel drive  vehicle with the Hemi emblem on the fenders is interesting to me.

======= What about air bags ?  THe photo of my chev truck shows the rear helper air bags at 70psi.... In the bed of the truck is 20 bags of concrete at 80# each , plus the pallet , plus some bags of fertilizer.

The air bags sure help keep the truck from dragging the bumper.  Thankfully the tires are new and the Lowes is only 6 miles from the house. I have carried more weight in half ton trucks, I guess I worry more at my current age?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

The new 300 looks nice in person too. I feel Chrysler is leading the pack in styling right now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

Crosley......Was the rear axle bottomed out on the snubbers?  No? you had PLENTY of capacity left........ :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I like the looks of the Magnum,but the 300????? Ehhhhh I'll reserve my thoughts, till I get the chance to DRIVE one......Maybe it will grow on me.
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Sean

Quote from: "SKR8PN"
I like the looks of the Magnum,but the 300????? Ehhhhh I'll reserve my thoughts, till I get the chance to DRIVE one......Maybe it will grow on me.

I like the Magnum, my wife thinks it looks retarded :?  

I saw a new 300 in town the other day and I'm not sure whether I like it or not. For some reason the height of the Body panels, compared to the height of the roofline makes it look like something that has been "Chopped" too much. Something about it just doesn't look quite right,IMO. The proportions are off or something....

phat46

I must say the Dodge  looks better in person than in a photos... IMHO

We, (wife and I) saw the Magnum at a cruise night near Detroit last summer. Dodge and some of the other mans. bring their new stuff to this particular cruise for some reason. My wife fell in love with it and i love the idea of the RWD Hemi. We're due for a new car for the wife soon....
But then again, I sat in and started one of the new GTO's today, anyone else heard one of these? Sweet exhaust, even pops a little when you back off!

58 Yeoman

I saw the new Magnum in black on tv and liked it, but don't know yet on the 300.  Of course, sometimes a car/truck looks great....until you get in and drive it.  It's way out of my price range anyhow, so maybe in 5 to 10 years I'll find a nice one. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

river1

i like both the magnum and the 300. if i was in the market for a $35000 car i'd seriously look at them. don't know how they are for leg room which i need. in today's (maybe yesterdays) new york times there is an article talking about how the magnum and 300 are the latest fad for the BLING-BLING crowd. snoopdog (leader of the pack???) even called chrysler directly to get one.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

KustomLincolnLady

I love the Magnum, we had the oppertunity to ride in one in feb, before they were even out yet. sat in my driveway, lol  friend from chrysler had it here on way to trade show in indy. Rob drove it, we both loved it

I am not found of the new 300's I have a 300M, but i don't care for that Boxy front end, rob and i both like the look of the top, appears to be chopped. I suppose its one of those that will grow on me with time. Rob drove one of them last week in the shop, he likes it.

here are a couple of pics of the one we drove. If it works for me, lol
Debb

Nick32Vic

I think the Magnum kind of looks like a Chopped and Sectioned New Dodge Durango.

Nick

58 Yeoman

I think they've done something bad to the Durango this year. Seems to me that the front doghouse is too small in relation to the rest of the car. Just my opinion.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I was lookin at    the pics debb posted .

Janice walked in , looked at the screen and says ..." I like that red"
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

On the road trip to Colorado one thing I noticed was all the different kinds of new cars out there.    There's a lot of high tech looking cars like Magnums out there that look like they'd be real nice touring rides....the OEM version of Pro Touring.  Wish I had a lotta money.....  :?
George

Leon

Quote from: "phat46"I sat in and started one of the new GTO's today, anyone else heard one of these? Sweet exhaust, even pops a little when you back off!
Imagine Motorsports is taking the GTO and rebuilding it into a Chevelle clone.  They can't use the chevelle name so they call it a HRSS.  It's a real nice looking car.  We saw it on the Power Tour.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Leon"
Quote from: "phat46"I sat in and started one of the new GTO's today, anyone else heard one of these? Sweet exhaust, even pops a little when you back off!
Imagine Motorsports is taking the GTO and rebuilding it into a Chevelle clone.  They can't use the chevelle name so they call it a HRSS.  It's a real nice looking car.  We saw it on the Power Tour.

Last I knew Chrysler was bringing back the Charger also. Haven't heard anything about that in a while. I know that after the economy took a dump it was put on the back burner for a while. does anyone know about it?

SKR8PN

The rumor has it that when the Charger comes out(05 I believe) it will be a FOUR DOOR !! How RETARDED is THAT???????
Chrysler needs to get their heads outta their butts and build SOMETHING that can compete with Mustang........
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.