NV3500 5 speed wiring

Started by Danimal, March 07, 2009, 07:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

I'm ".." this close to having the wiring wrapped up on Courtland's truck. (For those who don't know, he's my almost 16 (March 12) year old son and we've been working on a '54 Chevy truck on an S10 frame with a 327 and NV3500 5 speed.)

Anyway, does anyone know which wires go to which side of the back up light switch (our harness has POWER and BACK UP LIGHTS). I suspect this one doesn't really matter because the circuit should close when it is in reverse and the power should flow. One is green and one is blue on the factory harness but I've got a green and a bright green.

The second I suspect is more critical. The speed sensor on the back of the tranny. There are 2 wires of different colors to it from the stock harness. One is brown and one tan with a white line (IIRC). The new harness has black and something else. I'll have to go back out and take a look at it to verify.

Any help is greatly appreciated. The trans is from an '88 C1500 if that matters.

Charlie Chops 1940

On my Classic electronic speedo there was no apparent preference as to which wire went to which terminal since they were both black.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Danimal

Thanks. I wasn't sure if one was a power wire like a 5V and the other was the feedback wire or not. I just didn't want to put it on wrong an nuke our brand new gauges!

As an FYI, here's Courtland's truck. Hoping to get it to fire this week. He turns 16 on Thursday!!
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137385

jaybee

Hey, that's a cool truck.  Courtland is one lucky young man and I suspect he has one lucky Dad who's gotten to spend a lot of quality time with him.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Danimal

Quote from: "jaybee"Hey, that's a cool truck.  Courtland is one lucky young man and I suspect he has one lucky Dad who's gotten to spend a lot of quality time with him.

You're right. I'm not the "cool dad" I am the lucky dad. I've had fun spending time with my sons, helping them create a vision. I've had help from some really cool folks like those listed on my tribute post on there and I feel honored to have had their help.

I'm lucky also because I've got to learn so much about a hobby that has always interested me since I was ripping plastic off of Revel and Monogram boxes at age 7 or 8.

Danimal

Just posted on the HAMB:

You got it! At 12:34 PM EDT Monday March 9, 2009, SHE LIVES!

Loud as hell and the clutch isn't right but at this point, who gives a rat's *!!

Film at 11.

Danimal