Sold my 36 and got this.

Started by chopped, February 12, 2009, 08:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chopped

I've had her for 6 months and am anxious to be on the road. So far I've installed a new 350, rebuilt trans and replaced the brake system.

wayne petty

i cannot tell which year that is.. 65 -66-67.. looks more like a 66 buick special..

there was a 65 buick special that used to run the san fernando valley...

the owner would always show up early to the street races.. park off in the shadows...   walk up in his sweater vest.. into the group that was trying to arrange a race.. and say... i'll race you... i got grandmas  car... and i just got payed...

he worked at a local chevy dealer parts department..  there was a  rat motor under the bubble in the buick hood... the 4" exhaust ran into 4 mufflers.. the last time i saw the car... it was the same color as yours... the motor was gone... but it still had slicks stuffed under its rear fenders...

chopped

It's a 64, I hope it surprises a few.[/img]

Crosley.In.AZ

looks like some old  flow-tech headers on the motor
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

64  even better...   can i say fan spacer... and some kind of flex fan...  ford has some nice flex fans with lots of reinforcing..  various sizes... various blade counts... many will fit with proper bolts that match your water pump threads...

be sure that it is not too close to the radiator... i lost one in my 66 gto when it bottomed out  the core support in a driveway.. hooked the bottom of the radiator with the fan...  nothing left to reuse..

very cool....

wayne

enjenjo

If you want to hook up the air, Old Air has a kit to convert it to a modern compressor cycling system and R134. Costs around $100. Just got one for my 65.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chopped

I need to improve the radiator attachment, that was my first attempt so I could fire the engine. It was a Jeg's long block and I was worried I'd screw something up. I have a spacer and shroud I want to use. I'm leaving the air out for now, had it in the 36 and after 6 years never finished hooking it up.