Art Flame's A

Started by enjenjo, January 19, 2009, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

For those who have not been following it, Art Flame has been posting pictures of his Model A build in the rides section. He is doing an outstanding job. He is looking for a good picture of an A front fender where it meets the apron. Any help for him?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Art ....Do you need 1930 or '31...I may have something...

Bob.......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

C9

Front, rear?

The 28-29s have a narrower notch at the front of the rear fender than do the 30-31's.

Not sure if I have a pic, but I have a couple of stock 29 rear fenders hanging in the rafters.

I could shoot a pic later this afternoon and post it.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

enjenjo

He needs 30-31. A picture of where the front fender joins the running board apron.

GPster

I don't remember which , it may have been in the between model change '28 , '29 - '30 , '31 or a mid-model change '28 -'29 or '30 - '31  but somewhere there is a change in aprons. One has  the front part of the apron which is in front of the running board mounting line is actually part of the fender and the other the apron tapers up and sits on the frame under the hood and has the fender bolt to it at the bottom of that taper line. Maybe Brookville or Gas Light Auto shows what he needs. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"He needs 30-31. A picture of where the front fender joins the running board apron.

That's why I asked if he needs 1930 or 1931...1930 had a two piece apron with the front piece ( from the front of the running board forward) , attached to the fender...

1931 had a one piece apron from the rear fender to the front fender...
Some photo's if I can.........

The Gray sedan is a 1931.....

The Yellow sedan is a 1930....

See where the apron splits at the front end of the running board???

I have other photos ...Exactly what area of detail is needed???

Bob............... :wink:

UGLY OLDS

This may be a better photo of a 1930........That front panel actually attaches to the fender.....

Bob........ :wink:

art.flame

The model would be a '30 and it has a 2 piece apron the 31 has a one piece

pics of the front and rear fenders are welcome,preferable close up

ive recieved some picures but more is better :lol:

thx   Art

34ford

Can someone show me a link to the rides where the pictures are?  I went to the members rides and can't find anything there. :(   and nothing in his gallery that i can find..

thanks

bc

enjenjo