Mopar with 6 pak

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 16, 2009, 11:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

we had a green Mopar in the shop this week.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I always hated that color. A few years ago I built a 48 Chevy truck the owner painted that same color. I still hate it :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Cool car, reminds me a six pack Roadrunner in Orange that terrorized the town when I was in High School.  My fascination with Mopars from that era has always been that they could make such enormous cars go so FAST!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

I had a '69 1/2 "A12" 4-speed  6-pack Road Runner..INCREDIBLE  torque from that engine .. :shock:  It was ( And still is ) the only car I have ever owned that would still be spinning the stock tires in 3rd gear. 8)  
They were built to be street racers from the start...Stock with only mechanical carb linkage they would run honest 12:50's all day long...
Remember...most "street" races would only last about a block & a half at that time.. 8)

A normal 6-Pack car would easily outrun a stock Street Hemi with ease .. Unless the Hemi was in "perfect" tune..Then no contest..( It was VERY hard to keep street Hemi's in tune after "cruising" for awhile..The plugs would foul...)

I have spent a lot of time researching those cars ...Only to realise how foolish I was..... :(

GOD I wish I had that car back............. :cry:

Bob ... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Nice car Tony.  You get some really neat stuff at the shop. 8)   Glad to see you're still working there.

A Chevy and a 6 pack got me in deep doo doo when I was younger. :roll:
George

Carnut

I hate yellow Dodge Chargers.

It's hard to believe I've owned one for 42yrs now.

Owned it longer than any other car.

If I had my druthers it would be black, but I've seen black 67 Dodge Chargers and black just didn't look right on them.