Life Is Good!

Started by Carnut, January 13, 2009, 07:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Barrett-Jackson on Speed TV in HD.

Life is good.

I am easily pleased.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'm enjoying it as well.  Just about anything car related beats the "stuff" on networkTV nowdays.

A person couldn't build most of the vechicles that are crossing the auction block tonight for what they are going for.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

dragrcr50

I always look forward to watching it all avery yr,  man lady your right, pretty cheap deals tuesday night   .,..............
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Carnut

Darn, not so sure how good life is after all, seems SpeedTV has gone to double of 3 times the number of commericals this year.

Seem to only get 1 or 2 cars going across between commercials.

Fortunately the webcast of the Auction shows the continous activity even though it's not in HD.

http://bjaa.globalmediaservices.tv/

Carnut

Heh, heh, watching all those beautiful rides being sold at Barrett-Jackson just makes me glad I've still got my old 'used cars'.

GPster

I watched it a little last night. There was a '57 Chevy brown and cream hardtop (not the black and white 150) go to the stage. There was some discussion that it probably wouldn't sell well because of the color. Both announcers were quick to "build-up" the fine points of the "RESTORATION" and the capabilities of the shop that did the work. While they were talking they happened to push the car over the floor camera to show the fine points of the under carriage. My memory of '57 Chevys is that the rear motor mounting is done at the bellhousing on those old Powerglides or Turboglides and those transmissions were a heavy chunk of cast iron. So I was not surprised that there was no crossmember under the transmission tailshaft but seeing the aluminum tailshaft and the unused mounting lags for a rubber trans mount seemed to be a little out of place. Particularly on a $100,000.00 car. My interest kind of wained after that but I am sorry that I didn't tune in ealier to cacth their story about Doc Hudson. GPster

jaybee

Recently I've noticed a lot of people describing resto-mods as "restored". That includes one I saw on TV recently where the owner proudly proclaimed it to be "exactly the way it came from the factory" with a Griffin aluminum radiator clearly in the frame.  He pointed out some other changes as well.  Now, I'm not a restorer and that sort of work just doesn't trip my trigger the way modified cars do, but restoration is something very specific and IMO it cheapens real restorations to refer to modified cars as restored.  Restorers work very hard to get every detail exactly right and if that were my love it would seem to me like claiming to be a little bit pregnant.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)