Need interior info.

Started by kb426, January 12, 2009, 07:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

What thickness of ABS sheeting do you use for interior panels if they are straight and if they are curved?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I use 1/8" for both. If you need more stiffness, you can laminate ribs on the back side.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

I bought some 1/8" at ALRO Plastics earlier this year and did kick panels, door and quarter panels on the track roadster. Very nice stuff to work with. I used it with the stippled side out. Finished.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Jokester

Quote from: "enjenjo""If you need more stiffness..."

I thought they had pills for that.

:lol:
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

348tripower

I changed to FRP. Fiberglass Reinforced Panel. Got this advice from an upholstery pro. It is available in Lowes, Home Depot, Menards. Usually in the bath section. Much easier to cut and bend than ABS. Seems to take glue better too. Cheaper than the ABS.
Don
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I use 1/8" for both. If you need more stiffness, you can laminate ribs on the back side.

Ribs?  Plain or BBQ style?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "348tripower"I changed to FRP. Fiberglass Reinforced Panel. Got this advice from an upholstery pro. It is available in Lowes, Home Depot, Menards. Usually in the bath section. Much easier to cut and bend than ABS. Seems to take glue better too. Cheaper than the ABS.
Don

I've been looking for the FRP sheets. Our Lowes doesn't carry it. Haven't went to the others yet. Don, what did you paid for FRP? I got the ABS down to about $32 each for 8 sheets if I remember right. Got 2 or 3 for another rodder.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

EMSjunkie

Hey Bill, you about done yet??  :lol:

I'm gonna schedule another trip to Scott City, I'll try to stop in and check on ya.

thought I'd give you fair warning :-o

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

wayne petty

before heading out...

check home depots web site... get the sku number off the web site... seems there might be individual sku numbers for each store,   then call the store.. to check stock with an sku.#.     they can look it up in seconds..

i searched for fiberglass reinforced panel... at home depot .com

Building Materials > Moulding & Millwork > Paneling > Fiberglass-Reinforced Plastic > .900 In. FRP Wall Panel 4 Ft. x 8 Ft. - White  
.900 In. FRP Wall Panel 4 Ft. x 8 Ft. - White

Model MFTF12IXA480009600
$28.97/Piece   here in the woods of holly

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "wayne petty"before heading out...

check home depots web site... get the sku number off the web site... seems there might be individual sku numbers for each store,   then call the store.. to check stock with an sku.#.     they can look it up in seconds..

i searched for fiberglass reinforced panel... at home depot .com

Building Materials > Moulding & Millwork > Paneling > Fiberglass-Reinforced Plastic > .900 In. FRP Wall Panel 4 Ft. x 8 Ft. - White  
.900 In. FRP Wall Panel 4 Ft. x 8 Ft. - White

Model MFTF12IXA480009600
$28.97/Piece   here in the woods of holly

Looked at Home Depot, couldn't find it even with the SKU number.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

kb426

I used the frp on my last project and wasn't thrilled. I had little success with heating and bending. That is why I decided to try the ABS. Vance, I'm driving it but the interior isn't finished yet.
TEAM SMART