New toy

Started by Normspeed, January 04, 2009, 09:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normspeed

Well, I've gone and done it now.  As if it weren't enough keeping up with the Momad, Bronco, and Motorsickle, I bought this little beauty for Christmas.  Hope the photo shows up.  It's a 1939 Allis-Chalmers.  Note the gasser-like stance due to the big truck tires in back.  Somebody stop me!

[/img]

enjenjo

last year before the styled sheet metal.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

ok... you've  been in the liquor cabinet again?  A Rat tractor?

Flat black and red wheels,  you will be  ready to go.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

SWEET those A-C's are fun. We have one at my deer camp, a '39 also, but a "B", I am guessing yours is a "C"?  I am planning on using the gas tank and grille shell from one on my single seater!!! Have fun!!! :D

Normspeed

Yeah, I'll be ordering some skulls and stuff real soon.  Only problem, I think I'm gonna need a bench seat..you know, so the Hooters gals can squeeze in.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looks like a WC.
You're right Frank; I'm not up on my tractors like i should be. Up at my deer camp there is a semi abandoned farm acroos the trail from us that has dozens of old vehicles sitting around including about two dozen tractors. These range from a fairly new front end loader that actually runs all the way back to a steel wheeled Fordson. This palce is a gold mine for parts and the owners live in poverty.  They gave us permission to cross their property as a shortcut to our hunting area and walking across their land is  like walking a junkyard. There's all kinds of stuff just sticking out of the brush, like a pile of what appears to be at least three early 50's Buick cut up in to pieces, a '46-48 Ford sedan, an early 50's Kaiser and on and on. They have shed that's colapsing and one corner is split open a couple feet. One of our guys stuck his head in there and saw an incredible sight. First thing you see is a copper washing machine, patent date of 1909 on it. then a small blacksmiths forge. There also two big mills in there and a lathe that's about eight feet long. Theres another shed there that is almost collaped that you can see boxes of car parts such as starter, alts., carbs, valve covers, etc and some antique outboaud motors and lots of tractor parts. I fear that those two sheds won't last the winter up there if they get a lot of snow. It's a shame because they won't sell anything, we have asked. These guys are scarey, I think they'd scare the guys in Deliverance!!!!   :lol:  :lol:  Seems like a lot of inbreeding.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looks like a WC.
You're right Frank; I'm not up on my tractors like i should be. Up at my deer camp there is a semi abandoned farm acroos the trail from us that has dozens of old vehicles sitting around including about two dozen tractors. These range from a fairly new front end loader that actually runs all the way back to a steel wheeled Fordson. This palce is a gold mine for parts and the owners live in poverty.  They gave us permission to cross their property as a shortcut to our hunting area and walking across their land is  like walking a junkyard. There's all kinds of stuff just sticking out of the brush, like a pile of what appears to be at least three early 50's Buick cut up in to pieces, a '46-48 Ford sedan, an early 50's Kaiser and on and on. They have shed that's colapsing and one corner is split open a couple feet. One of our guys stuck his head in there and saw an incredible sight. First thing you see is a copper washing machine, patent date of 1909 on it. then a small blacksmiths forge. There also two big mills in there and a lathe that's about eight feet long. Theres another shed there that is almost collapsed that you can see boxes of car parts such as starter, alts., carbs, valve covers, etc and some antique outboaud motors and lots of tractor parts. I fear that those two sheds won't last the winter up there if they get a lot of snow. It's a shame because they won't sell anything, we have asked. These guys are scarey, I think they'd scare the guys in Deliverance!!!!   :lol:  :lol:  Seems like a lot of inbreeding.