Had my first trans cooler in the radiator failure

Started by junkyardjeff, December 28, 2008, 07:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I got the front sheet metal back on my 66 F250 after the 460 swap and after I let the motor run so I could check the coolant I noticed it was red and the trans was low again,well I think the cooler let go in the almost new radiator that came from the donor truck.      I am glad I put a auxillary cooler in front of the radiator before installing the grille or I would be * so all I have to do now is just bypass the cooler in the radiator,I dont think it got any in the trans but I am going to change the fluid any way and the coolant will have to look a little red for a while as I dont want to waste the new anti freeze and it should help keep the water pump lubricated and keep the block from rusting.      It was pressuring up the system real quick and I knew something was wrong but I was  wanting to keep the cooler in the radiator to warm it up some on cold days but I will have to let it run a little when its cold now.  Jeff

Jbird

............WOW........... This is the first one I've ever heard of too...  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance