I am thinking about building a race car

Started by junkyardjeff, December 25, 2008, 07:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

Since my new girlfriend has a race car I cant be out done,she has a late model FWD but mine has to be old.  I am not going to get too serious at first but run at the test and tune for awhile and see how I like it,I dont know what I will build but will wait for something cheap to come along but I do know someone with a 55 ford 2 door post that would look good in the garage with my 55 sunliner and it will get a straight axle if I get it.  A 60s or early mid size will do too so I will be on the look out for some thing.  Jeff

Flipper

Build a model T style altered!

Super simple and light weight.  It will fly with a mild motor.

Cheapest way to go fast.

I knew somebody that bought an outdated (80's?) funnycar, put a hydraulic cam 454/powerglide in it and a T body on it ......low 9's all day long.   .....same engine would have pushed a full bodied car 13's ! ! !

Something along the lines of this.

Grandadeo

The other day I saw a great looking '65 Comet wagon for sale.  I think it was on HAMB.  Looked nice and was pretty cheap.  Visions of an FX style drag car with a large inch Ford motor danced in my head.  But I have enough projects.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

junkyardjeff

I want a gasser but if I can find a 68 to 71 fairlane or torino I will build it,I know a 460 will fit in those easy and I might consider a 66/7 fairlane and  fun a FE or a stroker made out 0f a 351.  Jeff

GPster

Has she told you yet that she'd rather you spend your money on her than trying to beat her? Maybe you'd both go faster building something together. Or maybe you could just watch her wrap presents. Seems to work. GPster

chimp koose

Jeff, I like the ford idea. And for a little kick might I recommend a bottle of nitrous!