Grandson overseas

Started by reborn55, December 12, 2008, 08:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

Hey all--don't usually do this, but grandson just started a tour in Afghanistan--just turned 21 a couple of months ago.  Kindfa keep him in your thoughts when you have a chance.  Thanks

river1

DONE!!

when you talk to him and his family tell them thank you from someone who appreciates what he is doing.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chimp koose

done, and thank him for me too.

zzford

He's in my prayers. Your grandson and his brothers in arms are my heros.

Crosley.In.AZ

will keep him in our thoughts  and thank him for his service to the country.

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Let him know we are very grateful that he volunteered to serve and that he is in our prayers.  

Too many people don't even think about what's going on in the world.   He's a special guy...a man to be proud of, Gramps.  Yup, a man.....that little kid sure grew up quick didn't he?  

What branch of the service is your grandson in?
George

reborn55

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.  He is in the Army

UGLY OLDS

Ken...Please thank him from us also ... The guys are right ..Too few people think about our men & women that are deployed ...He will be in our prayers .....

Bob ........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Topsterguy

Yeah, tell him we're all behind him, supporting him, and really thankful for what he's doing  for sure. They're ALL heroes.  We might not support the war for many reasons, but we HAVE to support the troops.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

phat rat

My support also. It means a lot to those guys. I have a son whose career Navy, he's been in 22 years
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

38HAULR

Fom OZ, my thoughts are with you also on this Ken. For your grandson,s safe return home.  All the servicemen and women,not only from the US ,but also your allies over there are doing the world a service. As an ex serving member of our Air Force , I am a member of the RSL. [Returned &Services League]. We get a periodical magazine,the latest edition that arrived on Friday has an extensive article on the equipment used by our personnel in Afghanistan , which would be similar to what the US use ,they sure have some gear to lug around .  If I can digress for a moment. Your current President missed a good opportunity with the assembled media at his press conference when the shoes were thrown at him by an Iraqi journo.  The perfect response should have been. "This is a good example of a man exercising his freedom of expression,paid for by American lives.Prior to Mar 2003 ,he would have been shot for less" ...........Frank.

jaybee

Thanks to him and he'll certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.  We're very lucky that so may choose to serve their country in this way, independent of politics or the whims of those in charge, without question.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

bucketmouth

For the two times I have been to your country in recent years something that has really impressed me is how you guys treat your service people with so much respect and admiration.
Every flight we took inside the US the flight captain made mention and thanked those service personal on board for what they were doing.
My buddy and I met and got talking to a few along the way and wished them well and a safe return.
Another time we were on a airport shuttle bus standing near a soldier when some one  asked him was he coming or going to which he replied he was coming home for a short time. With that it was back slapping and good wishes all the way.
That's something you guys do really well I was so impressed.
Reborn55 I hope all goes well for your grandson and family.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

pvcerod

Yes Ken our thoughts & hopes are with your Grandson & Family in wishing a speedy Home coming for all Troops. :wink:

There's a Guy on the HAMB that sends Well Wishes to the Troops daily.....can a similar thing be set up on RRT as I know that they would Welcome moral Support from any of us. :wink:
Happy Cruzin
Steve

I'd like to add my Thanks as well and my prayers for a safe return!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"