Jim/river1 - surgery today

Started by Anonymous, December 02, 2008, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Jim,  I had mine done in 97, never had any issues until that one time the pain hit.  Never had anything hurt so bad in my life.  Took about 3 weeks until all the anesthesa came out of my system, but other than that, I was up and running in a week.  I can eat onions now, that I never could before, that is probably the only difference from then to now.  Just don't be alarmed when you want to go to sleep in the early afternoon for a while, (if you wern't prone to naps before) that is just the anesthesia coming out.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

purplepickup

Hey Jim, I know you've been on a diet but taking out parts is cheating. :wink:

Hope your recovery is without problems or pain.  I was gonna say that you should take advantage of the situation and have someone wait on you, but I've met your room mates and I'd guess they're not the servant types.  Enjoy daytime TV. :roll:
George

Cword

Jim
Congrat's on gettin' your rock off, er, out!

Enjoy  your recovery!

Mike
--

Ohio Blue Tip

Take it easy and rest big guy.  Hope your better soon.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

rumrumm

Those laproscopic surgeries save a lot of recovery time. You'll have a tool in your hand in no time (oh, come on now--I mean a wrench!) LOL!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Okiedokie

Wow, they can remove a part of our "insides" on an outpatient basis? Wishing you a quick recovery, I have seen a little of that Oprah crap. Joe

Crosley.In.AZ

Lets all hope Jim retains his rugged good looks

:D
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

Wife had that done during the Summer.  Recovery from the actual surgery was speedy, but her digestive system was so out of wack by the time they figured out what was wrong it took quite a while before she could eat normally again.  Hope you get well soon.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

57larry

dragrcr50

wel you told me it was coming,  glad to have got to hang out with you at the good guys run,  get well , man with the walkin and the new slim rivers look , now some old parts gone, I think  he is getting younger...  think SALT,
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Rayvyn

What?
No pics?
WTH?

Glad to see everything came out allright... :wink:
Just don't laugh for a couple of days.
B
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Crosley"Lets all hope Jim retains his rugged good looks

:D

That's asking an awful lot from medical science... ~:)
I don't think the research has been done yet... :cry:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Hooley

Jim, A speedy recover. How about a 250 mph recover, AH.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

Carps

Hey Jim, don't worry about those other 'smart guys' you can come over and do my stuff.

My '33 already has a hardwood floor and paint, so what are you like with upholstery and glass?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.