graham ifs

Started by tom, June 17, 2004, 10:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom

i have a friend who is working on a 32 graham paige. he wants some type of ifs, but says the frame is much wider than a mustang ifs. he has talked to fat man and a couple others but the prices he is getting are unreasonably high. does anyone know of a ifs that is wider than the mustang style. volare or ?? thanks in advance

GPster

Might look at an AMC Pacer. Chassis Engineering used to use them for some applications that were a little wider. Might have a little trouble finding one butyou could probably put one together if you could find parts of a few as I think the parts might be pretty interchangeable. Chassis Engineering would be good people to talk to. GPster

unklian

Pacers are REAL wide. :shock:

A tape measure and a trip to the wreckers would turn up something.

tomslik

Quote from: "tom"i have a friend who is working on a 32 graham paige. he wants some type of ifs, but says the frame is much wider than a mustang ifs. he has talked to fat man and a couple others but the prices he is getting are unreasonably high. does anyone know of a ifs that is wider than the mustang style. volare or ?? thanks in advance

what's a 32 graham paige look like?
how wide does it have to be?
frame width?
overall?
might have a few ideas...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

parklane

Had a pacer ifs under my 54 chev p/u several years ago. Worked like a champ. Uses a lot of Ford stuff ie: pads etc

John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Mac

Look at 80's vintage Jag XJ6, XJS, 5 on 4.75 bolt pat., 11" discs, R&P steer
Flange to flange: 59.5"
Should fit around rails up to 33" outside.
Sub assy. mounts with 4 rubber isolaters 28.5" on center, 2 fore & 2 aft.
Check out this site.
http://www.geocities.com/hotrodder1938/chopper.html
If some stuff looks upside down it's becuz it's Aussie :D

Mac
Who\'s yer Data?