special clamp

Started by enjenjo, November 12, 2008, 09:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

We needed a special clamp to clamp the rocker panel on Fatcats car. Here is what we made.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

Neat trick.  Had to look twice to find the jaws.

I picked up a set of three off shore "locking plyers" out of a bulk bin at Sears for $5.  At that price cutting one up is no sin.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Crosley.In.AZ

Kool tool.

I  did something a bit different with some vise grips last week..  I needed a chunk of metal to hold an out put shaft in place on a transmission at the end of the tail housing...

I took my vise grips and a junk of metal I bent up to the one welder at work... I get the " what the H are you doing look" from him.. he welded it  all together , it worked

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

zzford

Quote from: "enjenjo"We needed a special clamp to clamp the rocker panel on Fatcats car. Here is what we made.
Ya shoulda gone to Harbor Freight. They have the same clamp, package of three different sizes for under three bucks.

Rayvyn

What did you do, cut and weld it, or whack it on Fatcats forehead one time?
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

Quote from: "Rayvyn"What did you do, cut and weld it, or whack it on Fatcats forehead one time?

I welded together a bunch of scrap steel, then cut it to the shape I needed. Fatcats head is not that hard since the "accident".
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.