Mind If I brag a little? Local car show was good..

Started by Dave, June 20, 2004, 07:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Well about 1 and 1/2 hours away from here so really not local.
Over 1000 entries in Hastings Michigan today and wouldnt ya know they picked me for what they call the park award. (its held in a park)
I didnt really know id won but id seen the guys that put the show on looking at my car a number of times thru the day. Finially after I got back from going thru the swap again and chatting with the boys from muskegon I got back to the 32 and my brother told me to go to the registration tent cause they were lookin fer me..I looked for the guy that was lookin for me and we met at the car at 12:30 and he asked me to have the car up front at quarter to 3.. I was the 3rd car to pull up front but I was also the only one to get a trophy and I mean a trophy.. I couldnt stand it when i got home so i measured it. Imagine Sue holding a 38and 1/2 inch trophy all the way home ! LOL.. . I got a plaque too. Im still kinda in shock cause I walked around looking and there were some very nice cars there. Looked like some were very hi dollar too.
Oh ya when I got home there was a message from Mike on the answering machine . For those of you that dont know who Mike is look at my other post on selling the 32.
Ok im done
Happy Fathers Day............
Dave :lol:

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

couper

Quote from: "N8DC"Well about 1 and 1/2 hours away from here so really not local.
Over 1000 entries in Hastings Michigan today and wouldnt ya know they picked me for what they call the park award. (its held in a park)
I didnt really know id won but id seen the guys that put the show on looking at my car a number of times thru the day. Finially after I got back from going thru the swap again and chatting with the boys from muskegon I got back to the 32 and my brother told me to go to the registration tent cause they were lookin fer me..I looked for the guy that was lookin for me and we met at the car at 12:30 and he asked me to have the car up front at quarter to 3.. I was the 3rd car to pull up front but I was also the only one to get a trophy and I mean a trophy.. I couldnt stand it when i got home so i measured it. Imagine Sue holding a 38and 1/2 inch trophy all the way home ! LOL.. . I got a plaque too. Im still kinda in shock cause I walked around looking and there were some very nice cars there. Looked like some were very hi dollar too.
Oh ya when I got home there was a message from Mike on the answering machine . For those of you that dont know who Mike is look at my other post on selling the 32.
Ok im done

Congratulations to you Dave! So did you step back, look and guess at the tropy's height at 38 1/2" or take out a tape measure? Ha! LOL. Happy Fathers day to you too.
Lance

enjenjo

You ought to see the trophys they give at the RRT pinewood races LOL
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Ok im done

Congrats, Too bad for Mike though, I bet the price just went up!   :lol:

purplepickup

Congratulations Dave.  I would have liked to have been there to see all you guys but I had chores to do.  

I won a best of show tropy at the Milan Dragway years ago.  It was over 6' tall.  I had to take it apart to get it home.
George

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

slocrow

Way to go Dave. It just goes to show that your car may be nicer then your humble ways allow you to think. I was surprised to see you were even considering a possible sale and it will be out of the question now. Although if it's cash you needed, maybe you'd want to trade for a certain orange, big block 3 window and some dollars. At least you wouldn't have to lug any more trophies home.......(chuckle).
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"Way to go Dave. It just goes to show that your car may be nicer then your humble ways allow you to think. I was surprised to see you were even considering a possible sale and it will be out of the question now. Although if it's cash you needed, maybe you'd want to trade for a certain orange, big block 3 window and some dollars. At least you wouldn't have to lug any more trophies home.......(chuckle).

Lemme think about that Frank >>> Ummmm Sorry no thanks..
Hey i got the real flyer on Auburn this weekend and looks like there is gonna be some heavy hitters there.. Boyd Chip Troy and more. Street Rodder Mag is gonna be there... Ill be under the car polishing the u joints ! LOL..............
It looks like fun and I hope it works for them and us rodders that are only about 1 1/2 hours away.. I just told sue I want to leave Jackson by 6am saturday .. They open at 7  but thats 8 our time..

PS: I talked to Mike today and the end result was he asked me to call him first if I ever decide to sell the car.. If he would have just offered me 50k he would have it...Yup the price is high but it either sells for that or I drive it.....

Dirk35

Congrats Dave! you seem like a very deserving person.