Mustang

Started by phat rat, October 22, 2008, 09:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Saw this in Tampa. He used part of a top from a 2000 Mustang. Most looked at it with a very funny look and walked away.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

348tripower

Lets hope that was a hard top car to begin with. :D
Don Colliau

phat rat

It was a cpe with a bad roof. He was real proud of the car. He said he built it to sell. He claimed to have had it at some auction down there with a $65,000 reserve and it didn't sell. Next he'd lowered it to $45,000 and while it was on the block he was talking with someone and the bidding got to $35,000. His son asked him later why he didn't let it go then and he claimed he didn't hear the bid.

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat rat"It was a cpe with a bad roof. He was real proud of the car.
It's still a coupe with a bad roof...just my opinion...
George

Ohio Blue Tip

Life's to short to drive an ugly car!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "phat rat"It was a cpe with a bad roof. He was real proud of the car.
It's still a coupe with a bad roof...just my opinion...

Butt ugly comes to mind....
I agree with George.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

George, Ken and Phil, I agree and that was the kind of comments I heard all 3 days I was parked near him. But as I said he sure was proud of it. Even was proud of the fact that it had a resemblance to a Camaro from he rear. Hard to tell how many hours he invested in the thing but it was a bunch. He had to hand make the trunk skin. The workmanship on it was good but the idea was sure bad

enjenjo

The sad part is, if he had moved the glass back a foot it may have looked a lot better. As it is, the proportions are all wrong.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

I hope the late model Mustang was a parts car too. Be a shame to ruin two nice cars to make one ugly one!!! Like they say just because it can be done doesn't mean it should... :wink:

chimp koose

With some people their taste is all in their mouth! If he had the skills to do that to the car why didnt he just repair the bad roof.

jaybee

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.  Just because you could do something well that doesn't mean it's worth doing.  I hate to dump on someone's pride and joy, but just sayin'.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)