Our new toy

Started by 48ford, October 22, 2008, 01:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

Hi,
We just got back from Texas with our latest toy.
It's a 57 ford F-100
It is a one owner truck
Plans are for a HO 302 w/aod
Wish me luck
Russ

GPster

I've been running a new(to me) truck in my mind and those are one of the body style I'm running through my mind. They're just at the start of the bigger cabs but before they got too big. Fortunately that was the only year of that style that didn't have dual headlights because '58 killed the look (on Chevys too). Long bed or short, step side or style side? congratulation, GPster

Okiedokie

Lets see some pictures of this new truck. I am partial to F100's. Joe

dragrcr50

Quote from: "GPster"I've been running a new(to me) truck in my mind and those are one of the body style I'm running through my mind. They're just at the start of the bigger cabs but before they got too big. Fortunately that was the only year of that style that didn't have dual headlights because '58 killed the look (on Chevys too). Long bed or short, step side or style side? congratulation, GPster
and i have a 57 swb truck with a y block and a auto trans coming i bought that is for sale , said to be good builder?  will be around a 900 dololar bill in okla ???
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

GPster

Quote from: "dragrcr50"
Quote from: "GPster"I've been running a new(to me) truck in my mind and those are one of the body style I'm running through my mind. They're just at the start of the bigger cabs but before they got too big. Fortunately that was the only year of that style that didn't have dual headlights because '58 killed the look (on Chevys too). Long bed or short, step side or style side? congratulation, GPster
and i have a 57 swb truck with a y block and a auto trans coming i bought that is for sale , said to be good builder?  will be around a 900 dololar bill in okla ???
Unfortunately I left out the IF I NEEDED ONE. I'll keep it in mind and probably ask for pictures when it comes. Disregard the fact that I also like '55 to '57 SWB step side Chevys and'62 to '64 SWB step side Fords' Of course I'd also like a gutted Tri 5 Chevy that I could put a straight front axel under and a Flip front sheet metal and put the 4.3 V6 I have in and make believe I have gasser engine set-back. This is the reason that the Jeepster I bought in '93 has had 4 engines. 3 transmissions, 2 chassis and has still not moved under it's own power. GPster

kb426

I think the 57 is a great truck. After lowering it abit, they sit right and look good. I had a 60 that had a 283 in it about 35 years ago. I always thought the single headlight looked better. (imho)
TEAM SMART

dragrcr50

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "dragrcr50"
Unfortunately I left out the IF I NEEDED ONE. I'll keep it in mind and probably ask for pictures when it comes. Disregard the fact that I also like '55 to '57 SWB step side Chevys and'62 to '64 SWB step side Fords' Of course I'd also like a gutted Tri 5 Chevy that I could put a straight front axel under and a Flip front sheet metal and put the 4.3 V6 I have in and make believe I have gasser engine set-back. This is the reason that the Jeepster I bought in '93 has had 4 engines. 3 transmissions, 2 chassis and has still not moved under it's own power. GPster
i have a good 55 two door wagon project that would make a great gasser  2500 to a rrt guy like you  adv locally for 3000
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

48ford

Here is a picture of it.
Russ