1962 Falcon engine install

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, September 14, 2008, 12:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Saturday afternoon   I slid the engine and C4 trans into my 62 Falcon.  That went fairly smooth for the most part.

Often there are small items you misplace during an engine swap that is spread out over a few months..... small stuff like bolts , nuts , the starter.   :lol:

Took me about 10 minutes to find the  starter .

This is a mild 200 cid engine.  Block was bored .020 , deck cut to about .005 piston below the deck height, head was milled .040, mild port work on the head to clean up the ports.  Camshaft has similar specs as a 350hp 327 chevy camshaft, installed a few degrees advanced.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

you still gonna run that 1 bbl carb those had?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"you still gonna run that 1 bbl carb those had?

I will machine up an adapter for a 2 barrel carb.   I am not sure what I will do for a different head for the engine on down the road.  

An aluminum head is 2k $$ , that is out of my budget.  For that money , I'd stuff a small block in the car  and go lots faster.

8)
Tony

wayne petty

just curious....   when you were porting the head.. did you knock out the plugs in the end of the intake passage and mill it out... ream it oversize...

which carb are you planning... a 2300...    or something with a narrower bore spacing.  like a carter bbs or is it a bbd...   the one with the plate on the top of the float bowl  so you can get in  to adjust the height of the metering rods and the accelerator pump...  they came on mid 70's dodge v8s...    the reason i was thinking about this carb is they also used them on 258 jeep motors  but with feedback... so the metering rods and jets could be had from one of those and it would be closer than a set of 318 or 360 jets and rods...

i think the biggest single barrel carbs were on straight six chevys... and 300-6 fords...

i have always wondered..  if a carb mount could me fabbed up  to clamp around the intake runner that has a machined opening in it...

some body did just drop off a pair of 140 corvair chrome  intakes with matching stromberg side draft carbs.175cd?..    that would almost make a tunnel ram for it...   put one on at an angle... the other offset and straight...   it would be a hell of a sight...

the yeti

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"you still gonna run that 1 bbl carb those had?

I will machine up an adapter for a 2 barrel carb.   I am not sure what I will do for a different head for the engine on down the road.  

An aluminum head is 2k $$ , that is out of my budget.  For that money , I'd stuff a small block in the car  and go lots faster.

8)

what about the cross flow head we run in Austraila will they bolt on they have removable inlet manifolds and all manner of carb and efi options are available for them

or even a 2v head for your log motor they are rare over here (I dont know about over there??? but man they haul * and well under 2k AUD and the way our $$$ is headign ATM even if you need to grab one form here it wont be that steap

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "the yeti"
what about the cross flow head we run in Austraila will they bolt on they have removable inlet manifolds and all manner of carb and efi options are available for them

or even a 2v head for your log motor they are rare over here (I dont know about over there??? but man they haul ##### and well under 2k AUD and the way our $$$ is headign ATM even if you need to grab one form here it wont be that steap

I had a 250-2V head with intake..  Sold it ......so i had the cash to build this engine.

8)
Tony

C9

Dunno if you'd be interested, but here's an ad from our local Falcon Ranchero Drag Race guy.

http://www.route66wingsandwheels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2111
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "C9"Dunno if you'd be interested, but here's an ad from our local Falcon Ranchero Drag Race guy.

http://www.route66wingsandwheels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2111

thanks C9.. interesting stuff he has.

I am kinda interested in a wagon , but the budget does not allow that at this time.  :shock:
Tony