Bargain subscription ???'s

Started by Rayvyn, September 02, 2008, 10:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayvyn

A while back, a few folks posted a link to ebay or another site where subscriptions to certain car related magazines could be gotten at basement prices.
Anybody have that info?

Gracias Amigos... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Uncle Bob

The ads on ebay disappeared about 4-5 months ago, there were several vendors so it wasn't just one who faded away.  These guys were basically sales agents for discount subscriptions.  I suspect that the publishers figured out too high a percentage of their subscriptions were channeling through this group and income was dropping so they bailed on the reseller program(s).  For whatever reasons mags such as Street Rodder have increased their subscription prices through those blow in cards to such a high level that I think a lot of folks are reconsidering the value equation.  I allowed my subscription to die two months ago.  It wasn't that we had to cut expenses, and I don't have any particular pique about their editorial/advertising content, I just didn't feel that I got sufficient value for the price.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Crosley.In.AZ

I too noticed the ebay budget subscriptions were gone.

I dropped Street Rodder a few years back . Too much money for what I was interested in.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Normspeed

I've been getting Popular Hot Rodding and Hot Rod Magazine nearly free for a couple years, but for the most part they are pretty far from my interests.  They are mostly about muscle cars, crate motors and plugs for new products.