I have a silly question..........

Started by SKR8PN, September 04, 2008, 08:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKR8PN

How come I can open every thread with the exception of the "Testing the Ohio market" thread?? For some odd reason,my browser just grinds away and it will NOT open that thread. Is it because I am in Ohio? LOL! LOL!
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Crosley.In.AZ

hmmm, interesting.  I read the thread last night.  This AM , same problem you have = no open.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

I can't either. Maybe it got locked as spam???

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

opened for me, it was real slooooow, but it did open.... :)

sirstude

I had the same slow issue with that thread and the truck from hell thread last page.  Just figured it was my connection.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Me too. I'll have Fatcat look into it. I have no idea what is happening.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

I wrote to tFat Cat about this this morning thinking that it was only me. Seeing this I thought it was bigger and I added some osort of explanation but it's lost. I just signed on and I noticed a slowness in getting on Truck from Hell which is the same sloness that started for me yesterday with Dave Boley. GPster

58 Yeoman

Same for me, then I tried to reply to this post, and it happened here too.  I left the site and came back, and can reply to this post easily.  I'm going to go and try the Ohio post again and see what happens.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

river1

i've been have the same trouble with the ohio market thread. i've been using firefox and wondered if that was the problem. i shut down firefox and opened explorer. same problem took a long time to open BUT when it opened(?) i got this message

QuoteCouldn't obtain smilies data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 2006 MySQL server has gone away

SELECT * FROM bb_smilies

Line : 755
File : bbcode.php

maybe this will help fatcat figure out the problem.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Fat Cat

OK it is fixed now. The problem appears to be that Dave added an image of his truck to his profile for an avatar. He sed an offsite link to this image

which is way too big at 792 x 594 pixel instead of the standard of 120 x 100. So when you tried to load the post the software would try to load the image above and that would break the software. I have resized and uploaded the image to our server and that seemed to fix the problem.