bolt circle?

Started by Jokester, August 18, 2008, 11:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokester

Anyone know what the bolt circle is on a '96 Taurus?

thx,

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

wayne petty

i posted this link over in the throne room a while back

http://www.metalwebnews.com/formulas-tables/coordinates.html

i will look and see if the actual car info is online...

yes... 5 on 4.25" or 108mm centers...   12mmX 1.5 thread studs.. with a 2.49" hub size required for the wheels...

2rods

Jokester

Wayne, thanks for the info.  Where did you find it?  I looked at several bolt circle listings but couldn't find any that went new enough.

2 rods, the link didn't work for me.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

wayne petty

i looked it up the hard way....

first i got the hub and bearing number off autozone... then i searched in my computer for the timkin bearing dimension catalog that has descriptions of the hub assys..(i actually searched for the part number in my computer).  if i did not find it there... i was going to look up a brake rotor for it and then look it up in the bendix(foundation blue) picture book.(PDF).. that also shows hub bore... but not wheel pilot size...   as they are sometimes slightly different...

glad i could help....   i almost take it as a challenge....

wayne

Jokester

Must be nice to have so much surplus time.  I really appreciate your effort.  I started with wheel manufacturers pages.  They tell what they make, but they don't tell you what it fits.

Thanks again.

.bjb

Jokester

Thanks 2rods, that works better.  I'm adding that to my favorites.

.bjb