Almost ready for Speed Week

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, August 04, 2008, 10:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Almost ready  to go. Got the bunk built in the trailer - spans across the nose of the track roadster. Also got an old trunk mounted on the trailer tongue - perfect for the generator, gas can, awning stakes. old blue tarp. etc.

Made some ABS kick panels and door panels for the car. I folded up a bunch of bubble wrap insulation and placed it behind the kick panels. We'll see if that dissipates some of the foot well heat. I'll do some quarter panels tomorrow.

An update on the Weber jetting. The one size up in the idle circuit helped but the most change came from going up one size in the main circuit. The transition is still a little off so I will order another set of one more size up idle jets and see where that goes. Current plug cuts show a little more richness, but certainly not fat. It's becoming more fun to drive.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

you have been busy... trailer looks good.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Looks real comfy.  I think you're in store for a very memorable trip.  Have fun! :D
George

Fuzzy

Looks great,Charlie.Have you tried that peel and stick roofing stuff yet.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Looks great,Charlie.Have you tried that peel and stick roofing stuff yet.

Fuzz

Are you talking the stuff from ABC Supply? Yes, I used some in the cowl and quarter panel sides. Good sound deadener/damper. I filled behind the ABS panels with foil backed air bubble. Helps some.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Beck

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Looks great,Charlie.Have you tried that peel and stick roofing stuff yet.

Fuzz
I tried some this weekend. What I bought was self adhesive starter strip. It was a 7" wide roll. It had peel off plastic on one side and roofing grit on the other. I tried to install it on the upper firewall and the bottom of the vent box that the wiper mechanism sits in on a 62 Chevy PU. On the overhead surfaces it fell off in a few hours. The vertical surfaces it stayed on but there were air pockets. I intended to put the foil backed hot rod insulation on top of this. I was afraid it would all fall off so I removed everything. It should work on the floor and possibly the angled toe boards. I wouldn't use what I bought on anything vertical or overhead.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Beck"

Fuzz
I tried some this weekend. What I bought was self adhesive starter strip. It was a 7" wide roll. It had peel off plastic on one side and roofing grit on the other. I tried to install it on the upper firewall and the bottom of the vent box that the wiper mechanism sits in on a 62 Chevy PU. On the overhead surfaces it fell off in a few hours. The vertical surfaces it stayed on but there were air pockets. I intended to put the foil backed hot rod insulation on top of this. I was afraid it would all fall off so I removed everything. It should work on the floor and possibly the angled toe boards. I wouldn't use what I bought on anything vertical or overhead.

Beck - what I used was foil faced. Called Peel and Stick I think. It's on vertical surfaces and seems to be really stuck. Seems like heat just makes it bond more.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

Beck

[quote="Charlie Chops 1940
Beck - what I used was foil faced. Called Peel and Stick I think. It's on vertical surfaces and seems to be really stuck. Seems like heat just makes it bond more.

Charlie[/quote]

Charlie,

How about taking a little piece of it along next week, or can I easily see it in the roadster? I will try to remember to cut a little off of my roll and put it in my luggage. My truck is going to need some serious sound proofing and this stuff sounds affordable.

Beck

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Beck"[quote="Charlie Chops 1940

Charlie

Charlie,

How about taking a little piece of it along next week, or can I easily see it in the roadster? I will try to remember to cut a little off of my roll and put it in my luggage. My truck is going to need some serious sound proofing and this stuff sounds affordable.

Beck[/quote]

Beck,

I stuck a small piece in the console of the TRP. See ya out there.

Charlie

A Hooligan!