protecting chrome?????

Started by moose, August 02, 2008, 09:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

I am getting ready to mock up the chassis for my Coupe project :shock:

The front suspention is chrome. I was thinking of using Glad cling wrap to protect the chrome during the mock up phase. any other or better ideas? I want it to stay scratch free while I do the next stages of fabrication. New firewall, rear wheel well tubs, correct some patch panel alignments etc.

Tim

tomslik

Quote from: "moose"I am getting ready to mock up the chassis for my Coupe project :shock:

The front suspention is chrome. I was thinking of using Glad cling wrap to protect the chrome during the mock up phase. any other or better ideas? I want it to stay scratch free while I do the next stages of fabrication. New firewall, rear wheel well tubs, correct some patch panel alignments etc.

Tim

haven't tried it but how about shipping wrap?
similar to glad wrap but thicker...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

I would suggest towels, then shrink wrap.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

A friend of mine gets clear plastic tubing, like the kind sold off the roll at hardware stores, and slits it down the middle and covers his hairpins, drag link, tube axle, etc.  Tom...

unklian

You've probably seen the Celebrity Bikers on TV using the Blue "painters tape" to protect parts.Easier to remove than the regular stuff.

Roadstar

The blue tape is what I use.

Use it on painted surfaces as well. works great.

moose

Thanks Guys,
I had not thought of just taping them. Kinda worried about long term sticking but just incentive to work faster right!

Tim

unklian

Lacquer Thinner should handle any long term sticking problem.