Any ideas for a "PRETTY" exhaust clamp????

Started by SKR8PN, June 10, 2004, 08:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKR8PN

Once upon a time,I had the exhaust system all fabbed up and fit under the truck. The "gentleman" that did the fabrication work on my truck,decided to "streamline it", by changing the inlets and the outlets on the FlowMasters,to the same size pipe the rest of the exhaust system is. Evidently,he never tried to install it after his modifications. Needless to say,you can't put a 2 1/2 in pipe,into another 2 1/2 in pipe. The problem is,I had the ENTIRE exhaust system Jet-Hot coated,WAY before I brought this thing home.I can't just have the one pipe reduced and the other stretched,because he also "lost" about a 1/2 inch in length somewhere! So I need to make a stainless sleeve to go over the the two pipes,to join them. The only STAINLESS exhaust clamps I can find,look just like regular muffler clamps. Ugly. I can POLISH them,but that's like polishing a turd. Anybody got any ideas as to what I can use that would look a little bit nicer?
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

whizzer24

found this one at jegs part # 289-35620 @ # 289-35621 take a look.

30tudor

You're looking for the band type, available in stainless, commonly found on big trucks but certainly available in smaller sizes.  Ask a competent parts man.

SKR8PN

I thought about the band clamps. The only problem is,the pieces I am using to "bridge the gap" are about 5 inches long.The band clamps I have found are only about 3 or 4 inches wide/long..........
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

nitrofc

http://www.stainless-specialties.com

http://www.stainless-specialties.com/products2a.htm

SS Band Clamps......
These super stainless clamps are 3 1/2" inches wide and come in all popular sizes. Torque the clamp bolts to conform to your tubing joint without crimping.

Custom sizes available at extra cost.

enjenjo

You can get the SS band clamps from NAPA too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.