Upgrading the Car trailer

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, June 27, 2008, 11:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Charlie... looks * good!

A roll out tray for the bumper dumper may be possible too.. I guess it would cause problems at a camp site though..   People would think it was a public toilet.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

By now you are probably tired of hearing from me but. Think about some accordian type of baffle to separate the air discharge from the air return of the grill for when you roll the A/C out. An A/C like that might have a discharge air temp down to about 55 degrees. That usually means that the coil temp would be about 35 degrees. If the A/C draws back that 55 degree air into  GPstera 35 degree coil you will probably have freeze-up conditions. I'm sure that if you can insure that that discharge air make it to the front of that cavity created when you slide that A/C out things will be fine. Might also be nice if the bottom of that box that is inside the trailer is open. With the box that high it might help getting some of the return air from a little lower. One more PITA question, are you planning to level the trailer when you park it?

Charlie Chops 1940

Joe, If you look at the picture of it hanging out of the trailer you will see a small row of screw holes top to bottom a couple inches in front of the louvers. That is where the factory made accordian baffles went. They wont fit now. I will make baffles out of 1" rigid insulation and just fill the caps at that location. That way, other than a "tunnel" inside the trailer for the air to blow through, it ought to work just as it would sticking out under a window in the spare bedroom. If it freezes up I'll just have to knock the ice off.

OBT's tent camper trailer has a similar unit which just sticks out the side and we never had a lick of trouble on our trip to Bonneville 2 years ago, and it wasn't anywhere near as well sealed.

I mounted a breaker box and some receptacles on a panel today and will install it tomorrow. I'll fire it up the A/C, throw a thermometer in there and let ya all know how it does.

Charlie

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

GPster

Charlie, I'm sorry you thought I was inplying you were leaving the sides of the unit open. What I was trying to say is that the air might tend to short-cycle at the front of the unit inside that box when the unit is pushed out. By accordian I was trying to explain some sort of baffle that would separate air blowing out from air being sucked in, it could expand as the unit was pushed out so that noair short-cycling would occur. GPster

Charlie Chops 1940

No, not at all Joe. No problem. I just baffled all around the unit. Turned it on high cool at 12:40 pm and shut the door. Put a thermometer in with it. It was 75f. I'll check it in an hour and see, and then in another hour. That will tell what more, if anything, needs to be done.

Haven't insulated the ceiling yet but have the Styrofoam sheeting to do it on hand. That's next I guess.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

From 75 down to 68 in ah hour. I think it'll work ok.

Charlie

A Hooligan!