First Mileage Check

Started by houston54, July 04, 2008, 11:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

houston54

Just put the first 120 miles on the truck and topped off the tank to check the mileage.  I was not expecting anything great but was pleasantly surprised to find it gave me 15.7 mpg in what was general around town driving.  This is with a low compression 355 with edelbrock performer components, a TH350 and a 2.41 posi.  The truck also got its first alignment last Saturday and everything came in within the green on all four corners.  No shims were needed on the upper control arms.  It appears I got the subframe on there square which was another pleasant bit of information.

OldSub

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Danimal

Good to hear. We haven't got ours running yet but that makes me feel there is hope since we've got a 327 Qjet and a 3.42 with an NV3500 5 speed. Should be comparable in the end with something in the 2s. If we get 15 or so, I'll be OK with that.

Especially, since I'm the dad that will most likely be feeding the monster (the truck, I already feed the kid!)

zzford

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked mine last November. I am running a ZZ4 350 Chevy with a 700r4,3:50 gears with 31" tall tires. I don't recall exactly what he mileage figures were, but it was in the low 20's.

phat rat

Last month running to Goodguys Indy I kept it to 62-65 mph and was rewarded with 19.63 mpg that's with a 454/700R4, 3.42 gear in a 3700 lb car.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Learpilot

Quote from: "phat rat"Last month running to Goodguys Indy I kept it to 62-65 mph and was rewarded with 19.63 mpg that's with a 454/700R4, 3.42 gear in a 3700 lb car.
My last Car Show was 120 miles round trip and got 22.57 mpg. That was about 65 mph. My engine is a MPEFI 355 Chevy 700r with 3.55 gear. My 36 Dodge weighs 3180#
Rick

zzford

NEWS FLASH !!! After ordering a number of fuel saving devices from JC Whitney, I installed them on my car. I now have a major problem. It seems that I have installed too many fuel savers and my car is now GENERATING gasloine ! Even after filling all the available buckets, containers and even Momma's canning jars, the deluge continues. The EPA has been knocking on my door, regarding the fuel spills. At this rate , within this month, you should be seeing gas prices fall dramaticaly. Please, bring your buckets and gas cans to help save the environment !
:shock:

houston54

The second tank of gas gave me 17 mpg!  Hopefully it will continue to improve.  If not I can live with that.