Early Mustang wiring

Started by trackster, June 19, 2008, 01:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

Howdy, Haven't posted in a while but check the forum regularly. After 12 years of widowerhood (is that a word?) I got married a couple months ago and have been trying to get her house ready to put on the market, as if it will do any good right now.

Anywhoo, I'm back to the A pickup and was wondering if anyone had, or could point me to, a wiring diagram for the steering column for an early Mustang. I'm not sure of the year, but is has the long integrated shaft. I need to find which wires go to the turn signals. The wires are cut a few inches from entering the column and consist of the following colors:

red, yellow, green (maybe teal?), light blue, white/blue, white/red, white/green, blue/yellow, blue/brown, orange/blue.

I've checked the net and haven't been able to find anything yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to have it on the road and at Columbus GG next month. The wife says forget the house and get the truck ready to cruise.  Gotta love her.  :D

Thanks again for taking the time to read this and for any help you can give.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

wayne petty

this may help..

http://www.autozone.com/addVehicleId,1849203/initialAction,repairGuide/shopping/repairGuide.htm?pageId=0900c1528007ec95

edit...  enter 1966, then ford, then mustang,  pick any motor,   then look for the chassie electrical link...  near the bottom there will be a link for wiring diagrams...    that opens to a page with large icons..  click on one and it opens in javascript....  click to close  open another one ... there is tons more info if you search for it...by looking around...

this may open a single image..
http://econtent.autozone.com:24991/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images//0900c152/80/07/ec/9f//large/0900c1528007ec9f.gif

seems to work...  end edit

front right turn and indicator, white and light blue
front left turn and indicator, lt green and white

right rear  turn and stop,  orange and lt blue
left rear turn and stop, lt green and orange

from brake light switch,   light green
from turn signal flasher   light blue
from hazard flasher        white and red (if you ts switch has a built in flasher...    if it does not... you may need a slightly differnt diagram.. but the colors should be the same...

3rd or 4th up from the bottom seems to be close... the bottom two seem to be for cougars with sequential tail lights...

the first color is the major wire color.. the second color is the stripe...

trackster

Wayne, Thanks for the links. They are just what I needed.  I hadn't found that resource and have saved it as a favorite.  Could come in handy in the future. Thanks again for the time and effort invested. You never cease to amaze me with the info you have and make available to this site.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!