'40 Chevy Inner Fenders

Started by teal32, June 16, 2008, 06:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teal32

Okay, all of you '40 Chevy guys. Will the '39 or '41 inner fenders fit a "40. Right now I don't have any. Since I just put the LS2 in, I want to keep the road dirt/dust down inside the engine compartment. I know Chevy's of the 40's has fiberglass ones, just not for a '40.Or, would I be better off running without them to help with the heat?  I am running a 160 thermostat to help with the heat. :(D)
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

With the engine change & running a non-stock front end , you may be better off making a flat cardboard template of what you need & cutting it from a sheet of 18 Ga.   Bolt it to the fenders along the top edge of the fenders below the side panels, cut it to fit along the top of the frame & bend a .500 lip on the bottom to add some strength.  Secure it to the side of the firewall in the back & to the sides of the radiator support in the front... Fit another piece from the radiator support forward to the grille to seal off that area....Maybe some louvers punched in the rear panels ????

Friend of mine bought a '48 Chevy that was subframed rather "incorrectly" ..( Frame rail UNDER frame rail & weld like crazy.. :shock: )   That car had soo little room for inner panels they used truck mud flaps to finish off the area.... :roll:  :roll:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

OldSub

I think there is a set offered for sale on the Seattle craigslist.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Danimal

There is a guy in Toledo on the HAMB that has a '40 Chevy. He might be willing to let you take a template from his to start with. I bought some parts from him and he was doing a V8 swap as well.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=715