Chassis engineering rear suspension

Started by reborn55, June 11, 2008, 02:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

Been here before--Has anyone insstalled Chassis Engineering rear suspension (or similar) in 46-48 Chevy CONVERTIBLE.  Trying to find out what if any modifications are needed to install.  Have talked to a fellow RRT member and he sees no problem.  CE doesn't really recommend using this setup for the convertible.  Just trying to get the convert even better.  Thanks

Charlie Chops 1940

I will be swapping to CE parallel leaves on my '40 Chevy convert soon. Don't see any problems with the fact that it's a convert. They go in the same location so it shouldn't be tough. I expect to have to fool with front to back location but that's pretty normal with chevys.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

reborn55

Thanks--I have talked to numerous people who all say the same thing--should be no problem.  So I go to order kit and front sway bar and the springs are on back order.  Hello Murphy.  Oh well--no big road trip planned untill  Louisville.

Inprimer

Quote from: "reborn55"Been here before--Has anyone insstalled Chassis Engineering rear suspension (or similar) in 46-48 Chevy CONVERTIBLE.  Trying to find out what if any modifications are needed to install.  Have talked to a fellow RRT member and he sees no problem.  CE doesn't really recommend using this setup for the convertible.  Just trying to get the convert even better.  Thanks
I don't know how close they are, I have a 'glass '37 Chevy on a coupe frame with CE springs they work great, in fact the original owner hadUnileafs in it and they were too harsh for a 'vert (in my case a glass car) but the switch to CE springs did the trick good luck

tomslik

i know a 'vert is an X-frame so you MIGHT have to drill some holes but no reason you can't use 'em.
i relocated mine for clearance and welded the brackets ,fwiw....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list