Help n Guidance needed - what are...

Started by ripper, June 10, 2008, 06:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripper

T5 gearboxes worth in the US?

Specifically what would WC T5 (Mustand, Camaro, Firebird) be worth and a NWC T5 be worth out of a S-10 pickup

I gather the WC are far stronger than the NWC but the NWC have an extention housing that leaves the shifter 10" closer to the bell housing.

So a few hot rods would require making one box outa the 2.

Just wondering what salvage yard prices would be on these?
They're not cheap here in fact so expensive i reckon it'd be cheaper getting them outa the states.

Thanks greatly in advance guys

cheers
ripper
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Uncle Bob

In general, the NWC go for around $200 the WC for around $400, but as often happens there are times you can find them for less, and times they are more.  And that's up here in our part of the states, other areas are probably a bit different.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

kb426

I went looking last summer. I couldn't find any s-10's. The wc t5's that were good all brought around $500 and up. Those that were uncertain of condition brought around $150-200.
TEAM SMART

2rods

4-500 if in good condition in Canada

river1

i found a  S10 NWC for $150 a year or so ago. most of the others i found were more, but i don't need it right away so i could wait for deal. i'm stil looking for a WC for another project but again i can wait for the right deal.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.