Progress continues

Started by moose, May 31, 2008, 11:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Well I made it into the garage after dealing with family issues this week. I lost an Uncle. He always said "if I could pick the day or pick the way I die I would pick the way. I want it fast." He got his wish.....Any way

I fit one of the doors and bolted on a tire to check the rear end placement. I was a little concerned because it looked off. :oops:  With the tire on it is dead on! WaaaaHooooo :lol: With that out of the way I could remove the body to finish fabing the motor and trans mounts. That will be tomorrows project I hope.

Tim

river1

:cry:  :cry:  sorry about your uncle.

you're right that back tire is spot on :)  :)

car looks good

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

moose

Quote from: "river1":cry:  :cry:  sorry about your uncle.

you're right that back tire is spot on :)  :)

car looks good

later jim

Thanks!

Tim

enjenjo

Sorry about your uncle, at least he went the way he wanted.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Good job!. Move that tire forward 1/32" and it'll be perfect - no, just pulling yer leg. That's gonna look sweet my friend.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Bugpac

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Good job!. Move that tire forward 1/32" and it'll be perfect - no, just pulling yer leg. That's gonna look sweet my friend.

Charlie

I was thinking 1/16th myself.... :D

I to am sorry to hear about your uncle, Car looks *, Might have to come see her in person some day... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

moose

Quote from: "enjenjo"Sorry about your uncle, at least he went the way he wanted.

Thank you forthe thoughts...

Tim

moose

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Good job!. Move that tire forward 1/32" and it'll be perfect - no, just pulling yer leg. That's gonna look sweet my friend.

Charlie

Must need new glasses. I thought it was more like a 1/64" myself! Have fun in INDY.

Bugpac

Stop by anytime you are down this way.

Tim

Roadstar

That is looking great Tim, the tire fit is perfect, well maybe a couple of thousands off but it looks good to the naked eye  :D

GPster

The axel is "dead on". It's the tire that's out. I hope it's just a flat spot from sitting and you rolled it back a little to center the picture in the screen. If not it'll set up a wobble at speed (of course that body probably has felt wobbles before, speed might be a new feeling). Sometimes focusing your attention to one thing makes other feelings diminish. Take care, GPster

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "GPster"The axel is "dead on". It's the tire that's out. I hope it's just a flat spot from sitting and you rolled it back a little to center the picture in the screen. If not it'll set up a wobble at speed (of course that body probably has felt wobbles before, speed might be a new feeling). Sometimes focusing your attention to one thing makes other feelings diminish. Take care, GPster

Joe ...I think you're correct... :?  The tire "placement" looks GREAT...The tire itself seems a little "egg shaped" ....... :?  Wonder if it could be "burned round" into shape after completion :?:  :?:  :twisted:

Looks GREAT Tim...Keep after it ..... :)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

rumrumm

I like it already. Keep posting those update photos.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com