Have you seen it????

Started by Dave, May 30, 2008, 08:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I got a little problem with my weed wacker and i took the carb apart and found some crud in the screen inside it by the primer plate.. it had a rubber gasket and another gasket or diaphragm that looks like it works with the little bulb primer. I pulled that gasket and set it down and i spent 2 friggen hours and i still cant find it.. >Looks like sears on line for more parts... I just ordered new fuel and vent lines for it and now the gas cap is leaking thru the vent too... *
Dave :?:

phat rat

Been there, done that and got the shirt to prove it. It says, DUMB, BLIND, FORGETFULL, OLD F%$T
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

wayne petty

does it have a walbro carb... if so there is a tiny number stamped into the body... it may only be a "12A"   it has been a while since i had one apart...

most lumberjack type of chain saw stores/shops...will have a walbro carb kit... they come in a tiny bag for about 15 bucks...

the last place i found one was across the street from hardware sales in bellingham washington........  

oh... and for hardware store junkies passing through bellingham... it is a great hardware store... tons of hard to find stuff... hardware sales that is...

chimp koose

Dave, when you get the new part ,drop it and watch where it goes. It will probably land next to the one you couldn't find.

river1

Quote from: "chimp koose"Dave, when you get the new part ,drop it and watch where it goes. It will probably land next to the one you couldn't find.

i've tried that :oops:  :oops:  it doesn't work :cry:  :cry:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

58 Yeoman

You're going to have the NON-REPAIR police knocking on your door.  You're supposed to throw that stuff away, not try to fix it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

The last time I went through that, I went to our local "Mower & Lawn Equipment" repair place for parts...The guy looked at me & said..
" Labor is $80.00 an hour...The parts are about $25.00..The Weed-Wacker is on sale at Lowe's for $84.95.....Do the math" ....... :shock:  :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

Look in the freezer, next to the ice cubes. :idea:
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Jbird

As soon as you $buy$ the new part the old one will mysteriously reappear, it works with tools too.    Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Dave

Got lucky .. Grabbed the broom and get this  :?:  :?:  :?: All of a sudden it appeared on the end of the broom.. I couldnt begin to tell you where it came from but it was there... The * thing runs great now and i was surprised that craftsman actually sends you enuff line to repair  it 2 or 3 times.. Ill have to log the info and store the line somewhere where ill find it in a few years.. The gas cap is vented but was leaking back out of the vent so i hit with some brake cleaner about 4 times and compressed air and its stopped leaking too the last i checked.. Im good to go..
Dave  :lol:  :wink:  :arrow: