2008 Power Tour

Started by Mikej, May 28, 2008, 12:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

Is anyone going this year? It is coming thru here on the 11th of June. Lincoln, NE to Ames, IA leg.  Logan,IA  Is there any thing the town can do to attract people to stop or do they usually just pass thru? It will be about 200 miles that day. They are going across HWY 30.  We do have one gas station with 93.5 octane. That might be a something some will need.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Depending on the time of day, the fire or police dept could throw a bbq or something in the park for the participants.  If it's mid-morning or mid-day it's going to be harder getting folks to stop.  

The major of the town needs to get with the power that be at Hot Rod Mag or Family Events and get things finalized soon....very soon.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Mikej

Thats what I thought. I see they are stoping in Blair,NE and Denison, IA.
The local news paper saw that they were coming thru here and thought the Chamber might want to do something.

Leon

We're going on it again this year.  (our 6th Long Haul) I don't know why with the gas prices the way they are, traveling from California isn't cheap.  Because of that I'm not taking the 54 Chevy.  We're taking Sharon's new toy.  We just got done repainting and adding some stuff to her new HHR.  I just got back from the pinstriper last night and got 34 MPG with it on the highway so that should make the trip a bit cheaper.  Besides, the Power Tour to me is more about the people I've met over the years (Denise  8)  ) and others.... and Chevy is giving away an HHR on the tour.   We have more planned for the car interior wise but that will wait till after vacation.  Look for us on tour!

Mikej

I hope I can just sit in the park and watch the cars go by. If possible I will bring my car in and park in front of the shelter.( it will be the old green one). Stop and visit.
If you haven't been to the Speedway museum, it is worth the time while you are in Lincoln.

Leon

I have Speedway programmed into my GPS.  Every time I've been through Nebraska it's always been on a weekend or holiday when they were closed.