DId Chev make a SBC Dual Quad manifold...

Started by ripper, June 02, 2008, 03:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripper

I mean from the factory & if so what models did they come off?

Got one tracked down but info is coming back slow...so only assuming its a Factory manifold. Hope to use it with LPG (porpane...kinda).

Thanks in advance
ripper
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tomslik

Quote from: "ripper"I mean from the factory & if so what models did they come off?

Got one tracked down but info is coming back slow...so only assuming its a Factory manifold. Hope to use it with LPG (porpane...kinda).

Thanks in advance
ripper

yep.
56 chevy was the first year..
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

ripper

cheers for that tomslik, appreciate it.

any (or many) year/models after that?

Still hoping to see a pic of the manifold in question soon so it could be anything yet :-)

cheers
ripper

Deuce

1956 and 1957 for sure  :)
Even later on some Corvettes.
I took the photo off eBay ... NOT my auction either

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-corvette-dual-quad-manifold-2-4-barrel-intake_W0QQitemZ160246048401QQihZ006QQcategoryZ36474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You see quite a few of these intakes at a decent size swap meet ... and as a general rule ... they do not bring a lot of money either.
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Charlie Chops 1940

'56 thru '61 283's. They used small square bore carbs.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

C9

Pretty sure this is a factoy intake, but . . . it's a Chevy, What do I know?

C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

tomslik

Quote from: "Deuce"

1956 and 1957 for sure  :)
Even later on some Corvettes.
I took the photo off eBay ... NOT my auction either

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-corvette-dual-quad-manifold-2-4-barrel-intake_W0QQitemZ160246048401QQihZ006QQcategoryZ36474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You see quite a few of these intakes at a decent size swap meet ... and as a general rule ... they do not bring a lot of money either.

and i 'm pretty sure they take WCFB carbs but i think a4gc's will fit but i'm not sure.
prolly irrelivent

ripper

Deuce, Charlie, Jay &  Tomslik - Thanks guys, thats a whole ton and then some, of help :-)

I'm hoping to get a decent price dual quad manifold and set it up with holley throttle baseplates & strap on Impco 425s.

Fingers crossed I guess about the manifold I've got this lead on...if its a no go then I'll chase up a brand new Edelbrock manifold I guess.

Thanks greatly guys
Cheers
ripper

Danimal

Someone should tell him that a DIZZY goes in there, not a DAISY. Or maybe he just needed a heavy vase...

Deuce

Quote from: "ripper"...if its a no go then I'll chase up a brand new Edelbrock manifold

The Edelbrock would be a much better choice ... performance wise. The factory Chevy one has real small ports and does not flow very well ... compared to the manifolds of today.
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

purplepickup

Don't forget the cross ram manifold they put on 302's in 1st generation Z28's.  I had one of these.
George

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"Don't forget the cross ram manifold they put on 302's in 1st generation Z28's.  I had one of these.

better have DEEP pockets...

last nos one i seen went for around 22k... :shock:

39deluxe

They used Carter WCFBs. I have 2 sets. A 1956 set on my '59 Vette and a 1961 Set that's going on it when I get them restored. AFB flanges (Edelbrock) and Holleys won't bolt on without an adapter. If you are just looking for the throttle plate without the rest of the carb WCFBs are not that uncommon. That old Rochester 4 Jet fits it too.

These manifolds are not cheap anymore either, unless you have a friend that owes you a favor. The resorers are eating them up. Complete sets in rebuildable condition go for around $2500 if all o the carb parts casting numbers match up. If you can get a manifold cheap sell it and get one that don't require adapters for the Holley bases. The profit should pay for a lot of the stuff you need. You would probably be better off looking for a used Offenhauser or Edelbrock.

Tom

41woodie

Factory did them, rated at 271 horse! Had special heads too.  The ones I remember had two rectangular vertical bars instead of double humps or power pack heads.