Holly smokers..

Started by Dave, May 19, 2008, 05:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

What a day ... Drove about 15 minutes this morning to meet up with Joshua Shaw and check out his shop .. He is in with Wade Hughes of ohio flame fame . Josh took me to a race car restoration shop then to his dads and along the way we stopped to meet another old boy that restored 32's and 34's and saw some sweet stuff there..We were supposed to go to another shop but that didnt pan out so we ended up at the hoffman race race shop owners of the 69 usac sprint cars.. Ive got lots of pics to post but im gonna start with these of me at Josh's dads house and of the race shop.. Look close Vance  :lol: this is nice stuff .. If you didnt know the hoffmans raced you never would know there was a race shop at the farm  :?:  :?: Yup the farm guess i shoulda got some outside pics.. We were in 3 barns .. 1 st one held the cars the 2nd one held the tire stock and spare frames and paint shop and the 3rd had voglers championship winning  sprint car and other stuff like a nice 32 tudor.. What a day....I bought lunch and we took it to josh's dads and ate there..  :lol:  :lol: we were on a mission... im still in awe..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Oh ya Vance and anyone else that cares the sprint cars are dirt and pavement cars.. the first pic is the dirt car..

EMSjunkie

DUDE :!:  :!:  :!:

how lucky are you :!:  :!:

that musta been one helluva experience :-o

glad you are having a good time.
keep the pix coming.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Beautiful cars Dave... :D   Who's the old guy  :?:  :?:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Beautiful cars Dave... :D   Who's the old guy  :?:  :?:

Sorry BOB but no old guy there.... :lol:  :lol:  believe it or not im doing stuff ive been wanting to do for 20 years on this trip and the trip to Josh Shaw's was a big time plus. The thing that made me feel a little younger was the hoffman stop.. I remember the vogler days ... Ya im that old but i dont feel it .. Ive run sue ragged ... She got sick and didnt make the trip today. She woulda enjoyed it too but she told me to go and have fun and I did.. Ask me how many steps in the cheap seats and indy  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: My cardiac doc would be proud..  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
your the old jealous guy :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Vance it was that cool..... Once in a lifetime at the hoffman farm  :?: Dont think so.. I think sue and I will have pit passes wednesday for the 100 lap usac race at anderson .. Dan the head wrench invited us to stop by their pit..   :) Ill prolly have to stop and say hey and look over the equipment... Better than $ex....

UGLY OLDS

I think that guy was funnin' ya ...  :shock:   Tell Sue to get "un-sick" quick... You better take LOTS of pictures....  :!:  :!:  :lol:  :lol:

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"You better take LOTS of pictures....  :!:  :!:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob ive for once got some cool pics and really i got burned out taking so many and trying to pick the best shots.. Ill be posting for em a while  :lol: yes ill have pics of the practice and qualifying and the race too. Both nights.(100 lapper and 500 lapper) for once im on it although i left my camera at the motel when we went to salem speedway saturday night but im gonna look at my cell phone pics..  8) Prolly wont happen till i get home after the holiday and i just had time tonite to play cause sue is still sickly but she has to get better cause were going racing......

UGLY OLDS

Hey Vance.. :!:  :!: ....Should we hate him  now or wait till he gets back   :?:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: Some guys have ALLLLLLLL  the luck... 8)  Have a good time Dave .... Keep postin' photos.. :D

Bob.... :wink:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Hey Vance.. :!:  :!: ....Should we hate him  now or wait till he gets back   :?:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: Some guys have ALLLLLLLL  the luck... 8)  Have a good time Dave .... Keep postin' photos.. :D

Bob.... :wink:

screw him, make him wait :P

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Fuzzy

Dave,a buddy of mine owns the Rowlee & Frohlich Motorsports #79.It's a S.O.D. car and Brett Mann is his driver.I'm planning to go see a race this summer at I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa.They finished second in points last season.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Dave

Fuzzy I know of mann.. seen him  drive before lots of times.. Ive got an internet problem here at the motel and the only way i can get on is to come down to the lobby.. :cry: Went to practice this morning at the anderson speedway and tonite is the USAC 100 lapper  :lol: I ran into Dan the head wrench for the hoffman team and we watched a couple practice sessions while chatting   :lol:  :lol: Ya im somebody now.. Ha ha..Sue is still sick so we came bact to the motel.. Im gonna have to trade her in on a new model :!:
Ill be bac at the track by 6 im sure..
Dave

Dave

So the next morning i wake up and just for the hell of it i looked out to see what the weather was like and low and behold there was a big red hauler in the parking lot with  Hoffman Racing on the side of it.. :lol:  :lol: Didnt take me long to hit the shower and head down for coffee.. Spent prolly a good hour or so chatting with Dan the wrench and meeting a couple of the hoffman brothers .. Lot of race talk :lol:  :lol: It worked out well cause they talked me into making the 2 hour drive to Terra Haute for the holman classic USAC race.. big time fun there.. Sue and I both liked the place.. Im almost raced out but it was too bad it rained again friday night and the hoosier hundred got canceled..  :x  Just found out saturday the when my son and I are in knoxville Iowa for the nationals that on sunday they are running the champ cars at the IOWA speedway.. we decided we need another day off work  :lol:  :lol:

Nick32Vic

Cool, did he take you to Zakiras?

Dave

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Cool, did he take you to Zakiras?

Oh ya... That was sweet .....
Dave :!: